"Smart" motorways

I’m struggling to think of anywhere like you describe. Maybe, what 0.01% of all the motorways around Manchester. Barton Bridge perhaps. That’s all that comes to mind. Where else are you in a situation where you’re ‘penned in’??...
I gave you an examp
So the fact the Police federation,the AA and countless others who are able to come to a reasoned judgement do indeed find the motorway design is flawed whilst you just stick to some mad conclusion that most people die because they are thick.
Even were that the case (which it clearly isn't in most scenarios)design is usually done to eradicate all such flaws wherever possible.
I've already pointed out to him that little lad & his grandad killed on the panorama programme was due to the design of the motorway ....they must have been proper thickos not jumping off that elevated stretch to safety....

I gave you an examp

I've already pointed out to him that little lad & his grandad killed on the panorama programme was due to the design of the motorway ....they must have been proper thickos not jumping off that elevated stretch to safety....
Yes and from memory of the episode it was less than a minute before they were hit.

The is a simple test to see if the designers and politicians really think they are safe.

Get them in a small car fitted with TV cameras (so the public can watch). Ask them to stop in lane one between refuges in a normal rush hour.
The motorway operators won't be told about the test, to make sure they don't gain an unfair advantage.
Since they are stating they are the safest parts of the motorway, then they should all agree to this test.

I can guarantee not one would agree to do this.
(This is without even asking them to do it with their children in the car)

20160630-120207.jpg

congestion can be a problem here too

The is a simple test to see if the designers and politicians really think they are safe.

Get them in a small car fitted with TV cameras (so the public can watch). Ask them to stop in lane one between refuges in a normal rush hour.
The motorway operators won't be told about the test, to make sure they don't gain an unfair advantage.
Since they are stating they are the safest parts of the motorway, then they should all agree to this test.

I can guarantee not one would agree to do this.
(This is without even asking them to do it with their children in the car)
haha brilliant! We just need enough cars for 650 politicians so they can all try it out!

Cheerio. Enjoy being ‘penned in’ on the motorways near you. You shouldn’t make stuff up to try to win a discussion.
To be fair the m4 near Bristol is the same and an 8 foot fence running alongside the inside lane of the managed motorway. It is carnage waiting to happen when I drive along seeing people texting putting on make-up and even shaving

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.