smoke/fire alarm issue ,can anyone help?

bumbleblue

When house was re wired few years back they put in a smoke alarm, its always been fine little green light blinking away, just recently it has started blipping every couple of minutes. I have pressed the test button and alarm has sounded but then the blipping starts again... starting to get right on my nerves. What's up with it and what solutions are there other than to remove my hearing aids?... which won't help anyone else in the house. Any help blues?

knock it off the ceiling with a yard brush and buy a new one.

I would but the bastard thing is mains wired, its proper doing my head in, can't concentrate on Pogba, Sterling, De Bruyne , and men exclusives with the constant blips, grrrrr

When house was re wired few years back they put in a smoke alarm, its always been fine little green light blinking away, just recently it has started blipping every couple of minutes. I have pressed the test button and alarm has sounded but then the blipping starts again... starting to get right on my nerves. What's up with it and what solutions are there other than to remove my hearing aids?... which won't help anyone else in the house. Any help blues?
It needs a new battery mate, they have a battery inside as well as being mains powered, either that or smash it off the ceiling with a brush/spade/cattle prod

Have you got any manufacturer and model details? Any instructions? It is almost certainly the back-up battery like Gaz says.

Thanks guys, will attend to the battery.then actually never thought to look since its wired, been ok for couple of years.. I have the paperwork somewhere but will try and get to have a look. Thanks for helping

May have an internal back up rechargeable battery that that is no longer recharging. These batteries cannot be changed. Some alarms you can buy a slot in replacement unit for about £20 with no re wiring necessary.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.