Smoking Pure Green

Getting a little bit concerned now.
My 16 year old lad has been dabbling for a while and me and his mum are seeing some worrying signs.

Not sure where to go with it but one thing is clear we need some external help in dealing with this.
Any advice would be very gratefully received.

Tough love required

My experience with it is if you try it when you’re older and your brain is fully developed then cannabis is fine. 16 is far too young though, I’ve seen it ruin many young boys.

The stuff around to day is significantly stronger than even 10 years ago. The CBD CBN and THC levels are super high these days. I have calmed down a lot on it because it is to strong to smoke a lot of all day every day.

Dealing with it though is very subjective to you and your lifestyle. You will get a 100 responses of how to deal with it but the truth is it is your call. Do you give him cash? stop giving him cash. Start talking about getting a job and talk with your wife how you will treat the house when he has moved out. If he asks why this mentality explain he is doing adult things now so he can do them in his own place which he will need money for.

It looks like he has been taking it for around 6 months.
We don’t think he is smoking it with Tabacco at all.

We have been very open with both our kids. I smoked more than my body weight in spliff back in the day .

It reached another head this week. The missus sneaked back down stairs - after we had gone to bed and there he was skinning up.
It was flushed down the bog.
With his half term plans in tatters he has tried sneaking mates in again after we have gone to bed to try and get a fix.
His plan was foiled by his bubbling sister and all hell broke loose again last night.

Other than school he is kept at home.
We have him on find my I phone and constantly monitor his movements. We control his money now also.
I guess because he has little free movement he has to try and bring the gear here.
When last nights plan was rumbled I tried to talk it through with him but his eyes told a different story .

Dull and deeply unhappy is what I was getting.

People tell me that this up and down emotional roller coaster is symptomatic of smoking this green stuff.

I am in the process of setting up an apprenticeship for him at my office and this is beginning to weigh heavy on my shoulders.

Love the bones of my boy.

I've been through the worst times over this stuff. A son who was intelligent & sporty reduced to only caring about where his next spliff is coming from. He has stolen from us many times to get cash to pay the older kid dealers, who are only too happy to give it to very young kids on tick, at massive interest rates. Prohibition does not work and yes our kids need professional help to get off this stuff. legalise and use the tax to help those who want too get off the addiction.

Correct, but we are all losers as our society is going down the pan. Its readily available in every school and some kid you know will be addicted.

I think today has to be the worst day I’ve ever had on this forum. The number of negative posts I’ve read about various issues has been unbelievable.
Not a specific dig at your post btw Jon, but jeez, I think a need a break from the grimness

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.