Smoking Pure Green

Getting a little bit concerned now.
My 16 year old lad has been dabbling for a while and me and his mum are seeing some worrying signs.

Not sure where to go with it but one thing is clear we need some external help in dealing with this.
Any advice would be very gratefully received.

We're in a similar situation with our 16 yr old. We didn't know he was using until I found his stash purely by accident in his bedroom (worst hiding place ever!). Anyway, we confiscated it and let him stew for a few days before confronting him. I say "confronting", but we had a grown up, sensible discussion. It turned out he'd been smoking occasionally at parties for a few months, and had then bought his own. Being pragmatic, liberal types, we decided that we would keep hold of it, and allow him to have small amounts to take to parties. Otherwise he'd probably have just bought some more, and gone "underground" with it and we may have lost control. It does mean that we are complicit in his occasional usage, but it seemed a better option than getting all heavy about it. I think it's helped that it's out in the open between us and he feels he can talk about it, but time will tell I suppose. One good thing is that, like his dad, he can't roll his own, so that restricts his usage!

On the wider question, I'm a big advocate of legalising, regulating and taxing. It's obviously not without its issues, but better than prohibition with all the problems that entails.

No such problem with my sons roll ups
They look bloody professional.

I was thinking about small steps back to take large ones forward also.

I find it really weird that he has never smoked tobacco.

We're in a similar situation with our 16 yr old. We didn't know he was using until I found his stash purely by accident in his bedroom (worst hiding place ever!). Anyway, we confiscated it and let him stew for a few days before confronting him. I say "confronting", but we had a grown up, sensible discussion. It turned out he'd been smoking occasionally at parties for a few months, and had then bought his own. Being pragmatic, liberal types, we decided that we would keep hold of it, and allow him to have small amounts to take to parties. Otherwise he'd probably have just bought some more, and gone "underground" with it and we may have lost control. It does mean that we are complicit in his occasional usage, but it seemed a better option than getting all heavy about it. I think it's helped that it's out in the open between us and he feels he can talk about it, but time will tell I suppose. One good thing is that, like his dad, he can't roll his own, so that restricts his usage!

On the wider question, I'm a big advocate of legalising, regulating and taxing. It's obviously not without its issues, but better than prohibition with all the problems that entails.

That's incredible parenting. No sarcasm

a lot of parents in here seem completely unable to take responsibility for their own poor parenting and are blaming a drug for their children being lazy etc

Not gonna go into detail but I know people who used it and as far as I can tell it messes with your dopamine receptors over time,these are connected to mental behaviour, stress levels, emotions etc. Most common trait later in life on a mild level is lack of feelings of excitement and a short attention span, things which can have an effect on relationships etc. I hope your sons use turns out to be short term, maybe if he doesnt smoke normal fags then that must be cos of the potential harm health wise. So if you could get accross to him the potential bad side effects of dope he may take notice, we all could have used some sound guidance through our formative years and a bit of research before a good heart to heart may help. I hope you manage to sort it out, cos even if they dont realise it, your kids need you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.