Smoking Pure Green

toffee balls

Getting a little bit concerned now.
My 16 year old lad has been dabbling for a while and me and his mum are seeing some worrying signs.

Not sure where to go with it but one thing is clear we need some external help in dealing with this.
Any advice would be very gratefully received.

It's the psychosis that you have to worry about - not that everyone gets it, but I've seen it in people close to me. Not sure what he can do other than to gradually reduce the amount he smokes although I'm sure others will know more.

My missus has it for Ms pain relief and she is in her early 50s haven't noticed any mood changes out of the ordinary ones but can understand the worry for parents

I think it's fairly accepted smoking Cannabis at a young age can have effects on mental health as Fame monster says it can cause psychosis. The other issue is most of the stuff we get here now is strong. If he's smoking just cannabis it may be easier for him to cut down, mixing with tobacco can make it addictive, this is an issue if he doesn't also smoke tobacco as he'll essentially be smoking spliffs for a nicotine fix.

Write it all down. Ask him if he recognises any of the changes. Has he any concerns for himself? How does he feel about his future, and his friendships? Are any of them built around cannabis? Does this bother him? Are there other things he'd like to do with his time? Does he see any difference between it and drink, other drugs? Do point out that you're not trying to run his life, or decide who he is, but when changes are noticeable in people around them, then it's natural for people to talk to friends and doctors to find out what they think.

The frank website is supposed to be good. I'd say, just keep talking to him, and be careful before applying pressure.

The thing is if it's just one of them phases they go through and grow out of it it's not too bad although you're still not going to want him to smoke cannabis full stop, however at that age it depends what mates he's mixing with etc. From personal experience a few mates of mine started through secondary school and still smoke it to this day and are well paranoid, lazy, lack of motivation etc and just plod along, definitely think over a long period it changes personality and everything

Get him hooked on harder stuff instead. It'll smell nicer. Then call the police and he'll be looked after by Her Majesty's finest. Problem solved.

Oooorrrrr if you're really desperate maybe see if you have a friend who went through a similar spell themselves that age (and subsequently went clean and ideally successful). Maybe a relative? Ask if they can sit down and have a conversation with him as this person would probably be seen as a more trustworthy source of info. If nobody fits the bill you'll have to do it instead. That means having an honest conversation with him, not just telling him what you think.

Unless you can keep your eye on him 24/7, laying down the law will not help. He'll probably smoke more in retaliation.

Also use Google and do your research.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.