Sneijder

Akira

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2012/12/29/3636299/sneijder-it-is-best-i-leave-inter-in-january?source=breakingnews" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer ... eakingnews</a>

Wesley Sneijder thinks that it would be best for all parties involved if he left Inter in the January transfer window.

The Netherlands international refused to take a paycut earlier this year, and has so far failed to reach an agreement with the club over a new contract.

Coach Andrea Stramaccioni opened the door for Sneijder to return to the first team, but the midfielder has now confirmed that the player's relationship with the club has deteriorated beyond repair.

"Clearly it’s better for everyone if I leave in January," the former Ajax man told De Telegraaf.

"If that doesn’t happen, then I will stay. I have a contract until the end of June 2015 with Inter."

Sneijder also confessed that it would be a privilege to wear the Dutch captain’s armband once more, and hopes he can return to the national set-up soon.

"It would be a great honour to wear it again," he said. "I have kept in contact with [head coach] Louis van Gaal over the last few months.

"I saw several players try to pass the buck after the Euros, leaking stories to the media about tension in the locker room. It seemed like that to me at times, but the atmosphere wasn’t that bad."

Get?

There's a thread on this, Akira.

It's a no from me, either Spurs or PSG I think.

Seosa said:

There is? Must have missed out on that.

If so, mods please merge.

Akira said:
Seosa said:

There is? Must have missed out on that.

If so, mods please merge.

Just a general Sneijder thread. I'm sure it'll get done soon.

We do not want aging players on big contracts, it's what we're trying to eradicate from the club already, hence good players like Lescott being put on the transfer list and younger players on lower money being targeted.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=272360" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=10&t=272360</a>

BlueDejong said:
We don't need him
Are you sure? Seems there is a deal to be had and I personally think he would be a revelation in our team. Wonderful passer of the ball and can create something out of nothing.

If spurs are after him and in some reports it's nailed on he's going there it means he will be cheaper than some think, I'd have him top player

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.