Snow - School Closures

College is closed again tomorrow & I'm with squirtyflower on this one, the roads round here are stupid. As of tonight the grits been reduced to 25% of what they were using and it was shit then, it's going to be mayhem.

Mrs JOTS was counting on some supply work this week, but it's been cancelled due to school closures. Hundreds up the spout.

I live in Shaw and my daughter goes to school at Hodge Clough. Is it closed tomorrow? I cannot find anything out.

levets said:
orange_wkd said:
My son's school is closed, but it would be a nightmare to get him there. We live in Moorside which is next to the moors. We haven't seen a gritter and the school is on a hill. There is no way staff can get to the school never mind the kids.

Counthill? I live in Moorside as well, with kids there. to be honest though, even a sprinkling of snow and the staff at Counthill declare it a disaster zone... my youngest goes to Hodge Clough and that was open whilst Counthill was shut... closed now though.

I've been phoning the council and emailing them about gritting round here... disgraceful! High Band council tax as well..... They haven't even filled the grit boxes.... where abouts in Moorside?

Counthill is never open. No he goes to St Thomas which is even higher up lol

orange_wkd said:
levets said:
Counthill? I live in Moorside as well, with kids there. to be honest though, even a sprinkling of snow and the staff at Counthill declare it a disaster zone... my youngest goes to Hodge Clough and that was open whilst Counthill was shut... closed now though.

I've been phoning the council and emailing them about gritting round here... disgraceful! High Band council tax as well..... They haven't even filled the grit boxes.... where abouts in Moorside?

Yeah I know it.... Lived on Sholver 30 yrs ago... do we know each other???... thought I knew all the blues up here?

I think some colleges have re-opened today ...... looks like my neighbours daughter has gone back to Aquinas.

would id be a good idea to list which schools are open/closed tomorrow?
I know that my lads school (st chrysostoms in longsight) is open tomorrow.

levets said:
orange_wkd said:

Yeah I know it.... Lived on Sholver 30 yrs ago... do we know each other???... thought I knew all the blues up here?

Only lived up there for a couple of years. Just off Bullcoat Lane. Never known an area so bloody cold

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.