Snubbed again !

Hamann Pineapple

We're bloody rubbish I tell ya. Rubbish.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fanhouse.co.uk/2011/06/24/ashley-young-manchester-city-united/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fanhouse.co.uk/2011/06/24/as ... ty-united/</a>

Manchester United 1, Manchester City 0. Ashley Young may have ended up in the red half of Manchester, but he was not short of alternative, more lucrative options from up the road this summer.

Manchester City were reported to have been prepared to pay Young even more money than their near neighbours at Old Trafford were throwing at him. But the former Watford winger, who left Aston Villa to sign a five-year deal with the Premier League champions, had already made his mind up.

As soon as Sir Alex Ferguson's interest was firmed up, there was only one destination he was heading. And it seems that even after his £16 million move, he is more interested in helping United, in his own words, "create more history" than making a fortune.

We'll never be able to compete. We might as well pack up and go home.

And we offered him 6 billion pounds a day, but the pull of United was too strong.

PMSL, how sad is it that the rag media have to resort to fabricating this shit!

I've never seen us seriously linked with Young, except maybe on the nonsense sites like tribal.

Sports Editor from the MEN was on Talksport this morning saying we had lost out on Young, yet I can't remember his paper ever linking us with him.

Ashley Young with a year left on his contract was worth about £8 million tops. Rags could have picked him up for next to nothing in January. This represents very poor business by the rags.

We would be getting slated by everyone if we had signed Young and Jones for £33 million and were looking to spend another £20 million on a 20 year old keeper.

I'm glad we've not signed anyone, there's definitely no value in the market.

Bullshit of the highest order. Never even on our radar, we have bigger fish to fry.

southern muppet said:
Ashley Young is an average English winger who sums up all the deficiencies in the game of English wingers. Why the fuck would we want him? He is a milquetoast footballer, the epitome of a nothingy player.
You clearly don't listen to sports radio or read the papers. This years Joe Cole.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.