How do we resolve the Brexit mess?

Yep, reading the responses on SM to this news shows no one has learned anything and we’re at the mercy of Covid not getting more deadly again.

Not entirely sure at the moment its mode deadly but it is spreading rapidly - people who are sick don't go to work. So an already depleted workforce gets more depleted but remember Johnson got all the big culls - sorry calls - right.......... I suspect that bollocks will be further tested come autumn and flu season picks up.

Not entirely sure at the moment its mode deadly but it is spreading rapidly - people who are sick don't go to work. So an already depleted workforce gets more depleted but remember Johnson got all the big culls - sorry calls - right.......... I suspect that bollocks will be further tested come autumn and flu season picks up.
There is no current suggestion that it is more deadly.

That doesn’t stop the possibility of it mutating to a more deadly strain in the future.

That is what we’re at the mercy of.

All the big culls right. V good.

Today prog top slot interview about impending UK recession, a big rise in imports and a "tight labour market" and not even a whiff that Brexit might be a factor...

They did later manage the B word as a cause of farm labour shortages, but mainly to talk about how to get a machine to pick a strawberry. The earlier farming prog was from a huge fruit farm - during Covid and Pick for Britain they got 7000 contacts, emailed the 2000 nearest, got 200 replies, a few started, very few lasted more than a week. They had a lot of Ukrainians under the inadequate seasonal workers scheme (one manager is a Ukrainian who's been here 16 years) but are now getting workers from Indonesia and Vietnam.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.