So, Dzeko wants to stay?

Great option to have and obviously enjoying himself here.

Like others, I feel if we can change the system occasionally to true winger play (either in a game or even starting up) then he would shine with decent crossing service.

Your Aguero's and Tevez's, and to a degree Balotelli, suit the close control and congested edge of the box role - Dzeko suits more quick attacking, wide play and balls whipped into the box, either low or high. With Aguero and Tevez we are pretty much limited to low crosses :)

Edin really, really frustrated me this season – but watching the season’s goals on the big screens before the QPR match really hit home to me what an incredibly important role he has played in our season (not to mention keeping us in the FA cup last year). Even if he leaves the impact he has made shouldn’t be forgotten

Don't want RvP, always one inconspicuous challenge away from a season out, used to playing up top on his own; not with a strike partner, is closer to the end of his career than the begining.

It just seems like buying the flavour of the week (or last two seasons), or buying for the sake of it rather than our policy which seems to be buying top players who will continue to progress at City.

I can't see him fitting into our forward four and i'd rather keep Tevez.

If we do bring in Hazard, the only other place i think i'd look would either be Schweinstegier or Romeu if we're thinking more long term.

ANY1aBLUE said:
I've said many times on this forum that I believe he is the best out and out centre forward in the world. The problem is Mancini doesn't play wingers. But keeping him does give us more height options - as proven against QPR.....................

AGUERO
DZEKO
RVP
BALOTELLI

Looks pretty good to me.
^^^^^this please!!!!

edin is class given more time to work with our players, not many strikers could go on from scoring 4 and get dropped. his vital goals this season will never be forgotten- i love the guy lots. all our squad have been great..... we only need to "tweek" fringe players -IMO

I really hope he does stay.

Give Dzeko the supply he needs with wingers like Hazard and next season he'll be immense for us.

The only reason he didn't crack on this season was due to the fact we lacked width.

Rather him stay than sign RVP in my opinion.

Sell Tevez and add Cavani ... job done!

Dzeko needs the correct service to flourish i.e wingers.
If you put him the Rags side he would not be far off top goal scorer IMO!

You need a target man in the premier league as a plan b at times, even Barcelona have realized they need one now as a plan b - they are interested in Llorent, Drogba and RVP.

He's a great player, but he clearly doesn't fit our system. We're never going to play more than one winger, and I'd Hazard a guess that the ball will still be played predominantly along the ground.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.