So if/when Mary D's closes

Mary Ds a good pub?

Ok ya ;)

Yea I think it is. Beers aren’t too expensive, good atmosphere, full of city fans.

A lot of these suggested pubs on here are quite expensive and more often then that aren’t full of city fans and have no atmosphere.

Also it’s dead around the ground pub wise so another one going is shit

Last edited:
His takings would suggest otherwise. It's highly profitable and takes on average between £10-15k on a match day.

You also have to remember these bars taking such large amounts of cash tend to have two sets of books...

Sam Platts on the ship canal used to take £25k on Trafford matchdays in the late 1990s......so I think you may be right about whats written down and whats not :)

His takings would suggest otherwise. It's highly profitable and takes on average between £10-15k on a match day. That makes it a £400k a year business - even during the non-existent months.

I speak to someone familiar with the business and it prints money (probably literally, haha!)

You also have to remember these bars taking such large amounts of cash tend to have two sets of books...
car park profits to,theirs another 50k a year

Ok ya ;)

Yea I think it is. Beers aren’t too expensive, good atmosphere, full of city fans.

A lot of these suggested pubs on here are quite expensive and more often then that aren’t full of city fans and have no atmosphere.

Also it’s dead around the ground pub wise so another one going is shit

What other pubs are you judging it by? It's surprising as a Cheadle Hulme blue with several fantastic pubs in walking distance that Mary Ds gets a look in.

If anybody does miss this shithole, I'm sure there's a local tramp who would gladly sell you a pint of piss for 4 quid. And probably stronger too!

Can understand why people go in there but the closest you’d get me to the door is queuing at the chippy.
It’s a fucking cesspit, the beers Shite and it seems to attract it’s fair share of nobheads.
It’s a big part of a lot of fans match day though so would be a shame to see it go.

The landlord has turned down £4m for it, apparently.

Not sure who has made that offer.
ed-woodward-manchester-united-executive-vice-chairman_3046697.jpg

Can understand why people go in there but the closest you’d get me to the door is queuing at the chippy.
It’s a fucking cesspit, the beers Shite and it seems to attract it’s fair share of nobheads.
It’s a big part of a lot of fans match day though so would be a shame to see it go.

Are the chips good?

The Crossroads / Manchester pub was always my pre-match watering hole. Is that going too?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.