so i'll ask again........

Every time i see a foul now on the box i think Mario would have been booked for that, i'm sure i'm not going mad though.

awest said:
Every time i see a foul now on the box i think Mario would have been booked for that, i'm sure i'm not going mad though.

Thing is mate, you're not the only one, I do it and even my Mrs who's a united fan thinks exactly the same thing.

Won't be long now before we get blamed for FFPR as soon as the window closes, it's been a bad window this January so it's down man city

sjk2008 said:
Ticket For Schalke said:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...d-homophobic-Twitter-rant-Anthony-Cotton.html

Former Manchester City and England defender Michael ball has been fined by the FA for sending homophobic tweets to Coronation Street star Anthony Cotton.

Ball has also had his contract terminated by Leicester City - but it is understood this decision was made on footballing grounds.

The 32-year-old posted the insulting comment on Twitter during Cotton's appearance on I'm A Celebrity last November.
Fined: Ball has been punished by the FA for a homophobic tweet

Fined: Ball has been punished by the FA for a homophobic tweet

He said: 'That f****** queer. Get back to your sewing machine in Corrie, you moaning b******.'

The FA was alerted to the tweet – later deleted – and charged him with bringing the game into disrepute. The fine represents the highest the authority has ever handed out for homophobia.

Ball joined Leicester City on a one-year deal with a one-year option subject to Football League approval last August.
Attacked: Cotton was the subject of the tweet which landed Ball in trouble

Attacked: Cotton was the subject of the tweet which landed Ball in trouble

The 31-year-old had been out of the game since leaving Manchester City in 2009 but knew then manager Sven Goran Eriksson from his time there and earned his only England cap under the Swede in 2001.

Ball started his career at Everton and played for Rangers and PSV Eindhoven before moving to Manchester.

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2091029/Michael-Ball-fined-homophobic-Twitter-rant-Anthony-Cotton.html#ixzz1kNOHBmI0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z1kNOHBmI0</a>

Haha how an earth are we affiliated with him before Everton. yet another dig and drag us threw the mud.

Because you're a much bigger club! If he'd have played for United even for just one season it would have read 'Former Manchester United and England defender Michael Ball'.

It's a headline. Less people give a f**k about Everton.
no it would have read, former man united LEGEND michael ball.

Brian Marwood, Manchester City’s director of football, has written to referees’ chief Mike Riley over what his club perceive to have been a string of “inconsistent” decisions, working to City’s detriment this season.
Marwood acted after City’s Carling Cup semi-final second leg at Anfield on Wednesday when a contentious penalty awarded by Phil Dowd against Micah Richards for handball allowed Liverpool to open the scoring in a 2-2 draw.
The result saw City go out of the competition and the club are unhappy that so many decisions have gone against them in big games. Earlier this month, Vincent Kompany’s controversial red card for a tackle on Nani contributed to a Manchester United victory in their FA Cup third round tie and last week Mario Balotelli was banned for four matches, having been adjudged to have tried to stamp on Tottenham’s Scott Parker in an incident that Howard Webb, the match referee, did not see.
City are displeased that while stiff action is being taken against their players, those from rival clubs have escaped sanction on a number of recent occasions. Both Chelsea’s Frank Lampard and Liverpool’s Glen Johnson committed two-footed tackles in recent Premier League games that City officials, and manager Roberto Mancini, believe were more serious than Kompany’s offence yet neither received red cards.
While Balotelli was punished after a review of video evidence from the Tottenham game, the FA ruled there was no case to answer against Peter Crouch after looking at footage which appeared to show the striker gouging Jonas Olsson’s eye in Stoke City’s 2-1 home defeat by West Bromwich Albion last Saturday.
Marwood has asked Riley, head of the Professional Game Match Officials Ltd, the organisation which oversees Premier League refereeing, for an explanation of recent decisions. Depending on the response, Marwood may consider face-to-face discussions with Riley. City are not accusing referees of bias but there are fears that the club’s raised profile and the reputation of certain players could be conspiring against them.
Earlier this season Kenny Dalglish, the Liverpool manager, held talks with Riley after being aggrieved by decisions against his team. In the past, Riley or his assistants have visited clubs, at their request, to talk through certain issues with players. Everton did this when their Belgian recruit Marouanne Fellaini was booked several times during his first season in the Premier League.
City could also decide this would be a useful exercise for Balotelli, who continues to protest his innocence in the Parker incident, although his club elected not to appeal against their striker’s four-match ban — perhaps influenced by the fact he is carrying a minor injury.

Marwood is paranoid, there is no agenda. :P

Or maybe this justifies what many have been feeling, even with the diplomatic approach there it seems clear to me that City brass find what has been happening highly unusual.

Hopefully something is done before Tuesday so we avoid Walton stitching us up for the third time in a row against Everton with him in charge.

I posted this in another thread on the 'General Football forum' but feel that it is equally suited here...I would add that there was a blatant handball by a Brighton player against Newcastle, where he dived towards the ball with BOTH arms outstretched like a goalkeeper, yet no penalty was given. That particular example merely highlights the inconsistency of referees and ineptitude, but the changing of the referee for the United game v Liverpool is more interesting. Especially the difference between Atkinson and Halsey in their handing out of 'punishments' etc. So, the most lenient referee does not send Maxi off AND there is no discussion at all about the tackle in the extremely high profile game between Liverpool and United. Ah well...

DTeacher said:
lancs blue said:
So no post-match inquest on that Maxi tackle so far, if it was Mario we'd have had 10 different camera angles by now.

DTeacher said:
FRIDAY 27th January, 2012.

Not much chance of red cards now....though miracles never cease...

Martin Atkinson, who has not refereed a United game for 11 months after Ferguson's rant about him, has CRIED OFF by stating that he is ill and has been replaced by Mark Halsey. The fact that Atkinson (the harshest ref in the league according to the stats) has been replaced by Halsey (the most lenient ref in the league according to the stats) is completely irrelevant, of course...

Hmmmm.

sweep said:
DTeacher said:
Kazzydeyna said:
I've witten in similar threads to this one a few times in the past and to be honest I would say the majority of BM'ers have disagreed with what I am about to write. I feel 100% certain that there IS an agenda against us, and for my part I feel it is more in the Media than the actual FA.

I believe firmly that there is a very simple and disgusting reason for said agenda. Namely blatant racism. Our club is owned by men with brown skin, long names that don't sound very anglo-Saxon, and that follow the religion of Islam. All of the media in this country is owned and controlled by middle aged white men who can all be described as being of a Judeo-Christian background. To put it simply there is no way on this earth that the media will allow a team owned by Muslims to win the premier competition of this country. Not without an unholy fight and backlash anyway.

Witness the endless looping of Ballotelli's slip yesterday. Mario is black. Witness the endless loop of Kompany's tackle in the derby. Contrast this with the virtually unbroadcast or spoken about non-coverage of Rooney's assault last season (against Wigan I think). Rooney is white. Contrast this with the FA, at the media's urging, appealing Rooney's 3 game ban for assaulting an opposition player with a blindside kick from behind. Not a mistimed tackle. A kick. An assault. An offence that he shoulod now be serving time for. Rooney is white. witness the incessant coverage of and criticism of Mancini for waving imaginary red/yellow cards in recent weeks. Mancini is non-English and works for muslims.
Contrast that with the complete absence of ANY criticism of Redknapp for verbally waving an imaginary card yesterday.And doing so repeatedly in every interview. Harry is white and works for a board comprised of Jewish and Christian gentlemen.

We will win the league this season. But we will do so on the back of an unjust ban for Kompany. An unjust ban for Mario (he WILL be retrospectively banned. We all know this) and an unjust ban for Lescott (so will he). Our crime? Being owned (wonderfully) by non-white, non-Judeo/Christian owners. Many or perhaps all of you will disagree with this post. Some of you may even ridicule it. I believe it and I have for some time. Finally, I'm not a conspiracy nut. I believe Oswald acted alone. I believe there is no such thing as the "new world order" secretly running the world. I do though believe absolutely that we are being treated unfairly and obscenely for the reasons I have stated.

CTID.

There is and has been a deplorable and xenophobic mentality towards our Owners, both within football in general and within the media. From day one, the reaction to the takeover was quite openly bitter, jealous and derisive. It's common knowledge who controls most of the media.

The 'Little Englander' mindset has been prevalent throughout and we have even seen further evidence of it today. This aspect is a little more difficult to associate with blatant racism. Personally I put it down to mistaken patriotism, with a touch of xenophobia. There are a number of black players who play for England, so it's not overt racism. Consider this though:

Rooney, Terry, Gerrard, Ferdinand, Cole etc have got away with misdemeanours. They ALL play for England.

Balotelli isn't English. Neither is Adebayor. Nor is Kompany. Other teams will have examples.

Today, Balotelli is charged. England player Joleon Lescott?

''The FA have also confirmed that no action will be brought against Joleon Lescott for catching the Spurs defender Younes Kaboul with a flailing arm during Sunday's game.''

It's an interesting debate and doubtless other posters will have their own views but I do believe that very few would be able to argue strongly against the assertion that the English FA treats cases differently and they are not considered on a (pardon the pun) level playing field.

As for the media, there are countless examples of prejudice and I, for one, won't even attempt to argue too vociferously against your position when it comes to the media.
Fully agree and was saying the same to a lad at work today.
Agree 100%

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.