So last night I got arrested and need some advice

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Nightmare Walking, 9 Dec 2018.

1. Nightmare Walking

Nightmare Walking

Long story short. Last night was on a date. Was walking date back to Picadilly train station and had a bif of a kiss and cuddle on ramp. Was inside station looking at board for platform and get tap on the shoulder off 2 coppers. Apparently someone out of one of the shops on ramp had complained, saying I had my knob out, was getting a wank and had my hands down dates skirt. The pair of us then get arrested on indecency and public exposure charges.

We then spent 15 hours in cell until they got cctv footage. Footage shows we have done absolutely nothing wrong. The women who made the accusation has lied for some reason and all we were doing was kissing.

We got no further action in regards to the offence we were supposed to have committed.

Now I expected that to be the end of it but they have given us a £90 public order fine for behaving in a manner likely to cause harassment, alarm and or distress in a public place. Now this is a section 5 offence. The spiel online says " section 5 requires no proof of any intention, nor that any person actually be caused harassment, alarm or distress, only that the action took place and someone MAY have been harassed, alarmed or distressed"

So basically I have got a fine and 15 hours in a prison cell because someone might get offended seeing me kiss a girl.

I have absolutely no idea what goes on with something like this. It feels like I have been stitched up just so they can justify locking us up for 15 hours. I genuinely believe that I have not done anything wrong and thought I live in Manchester, not Saudi Arabia.

I want to go to court and argue my point but people are telling me to pay the fine and laugh about it. Does anyone have any experience and knowledge regarding this section 5 offence? Am I best just accepting it and moving on, or would you argue it?

2. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Team supported:
    Team Pep
    Find out who made the complaint and brick the cunt's windows, then torch her car.

3. bluemonkey71

bluemonkey71

That’s a bloody joke fella. What kind of women does that?

4. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Team supported:
    Team Pep
    I thought a section 5 was threatening or abusive behaviour?

5. Indaparkside

Indaparkside

My wife:)

6. Prestwich_Blue

Prestwich_Blue

I'm no lawyer but my instinct would be to go to court. Can't imagine they'd pursue it if you did that. The fine will be all about hitting targets or quotas I imagine. Call their bluff if you really have done nothing wrong. Of course the chances are they'll lie or lose the CCTV footage but I'd be onto a solicitor first thing.

7. 1.618034

My instinct would be to fight it. You don't want anything on your record. It never goes away.

But better people than me can advise you better on the legalities.

Good luck.

8. Indaparkside

Indaparkside

Your username should of ended wanking instead of walking:)

9. Indaparkside

Indaparkside

Well he wasn’t happy they stopped her sucking his dick

10. Mike Brock

Mike Brock

No way would I pay a fine if I had done nothing wrong. Let them take you to court, as you said the CCTV proves you done nothing wrong