So no Thursdays but 5pm kickoff...

Damanino

Telegraph:

Both Manchester clubs will feature as seeds in Friday’s Europa League draw, meaning both have the advantage of playing their second legs at home.

With police and city authorities ruling out the two clubs playing on the same day and United having first choice as English champions,Manchester City have to move to a Tuesday or Wednesday, with a 5pm kick-off to avoid a clash with Champions League games on the same nights.

Early kickoffs, less people at the matches but more time to recover for the PL matches.

I think we'll generally be happier playing Tues or Wed, our more difficult fixtures are after the Europa League games.

However we're due to play United the weekend after the Europa League semi finals. If City and United are in separate semi finals, does that mean that they can choose to switch their game to the Tuesday giving them 2 days extra recovery time?<br /><br />-- Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:17 am --<br /><br />
slicker said:
Why 5.00 pm kick off? What's the problem with 8.00?

TV deal means that the game would have to finish before the CL games kick off

The fact that they are champions should have nothing to do with it. It would either be decided in our favour as having the best record in the group stages, or theirs as the highest ranked team.

Tuesday at 5 would be a pain but it would mean cheap tickets and more Saturday games as our games wouldn't be moved to a Sunday

Don't forget, this will only be for the second leg at home - first leg is away so both of us will play Thursday.

Plus, the advantage of playing second leg at home is ONLY valid for the next round - any rounds after that we could be away when they're at home (or vice versa)

So basically, we are likely to have ONE Tuesday 5pm kickoff - the rest being on a Thursday.

RP2 said:
- any rounds after that we could be away when they're at home (or vice versa)

Could being the operative word. Surely this will depend on the draw ?

I am a bit miffed at UEFA about this 5PM kick off. There is no way I will be able to make that due to work. I hope the tickets are going to be cheap as I'm on the cup scheme. This would mean paying for something which I know I can't attend.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Shouldnt affect the first round as dont think CL starts that early.

Yes it does. Our first home game clashes with a champs league week so we will be playing Tues or Weds at 5.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.