So Pep failed at Bayern?

Pep didn't fail with Bayern. He took them to another level. Never have they been so utterly dominant in the Bundesliga as they have in the 3 Pep seasons. Winning the Champions League is a lottery, no matter how good you are. Look at how long it took for Real Madrid to win their 10th title. It will be same for us. The Premier League is where we will see how good our team is. The Champions League is a bonus on top, if it ever happens.
That's not how Sheikh Mansour sees it. He's waited years for Pep and invested hundreds of millions in the belief he can transform us into a club that will continually challenge for the CL. We have to view this through SM's eyes. He is like no other club owner.

if Pep failed at Bayern , then Ancellotti is doing a good impression of Pep this season , Real thrashed them in the Quarters at least Pep got to a couple of semi-finals in his tenure. If Pep had gone to the Rags or Dippers he would be treated with kid gloves , just like PEG and Klopp who have both basically failed just as spectacularly this season , Klopp has played twenty fewer games and is scraping into the Champs league , whilst PEG is trying to get in the Champs league via the back door by winning a mickey mouse trophy. If Pep won the quadruple next season Pulis would still get manager of the year .

Yeah. Changing 14 players in one summer would definitely work.
He didn't have to change all of the players in one go. The addition of one quality left back. a quality right back and a quality DM = all with pace - would have made all the difference.

I genuinely feel sorry for a small section of our support that is seemingly unable to enjoy watching us right now.

You're assuming quite a lot there. I remember one guy on here saying last year prior to the Leicester game at home when we were very much still in with a shout of the title that he hoped Leicester would win the league seeing as when Pep arrived we'd dominate for years. Hmmmm.

Why would a more pragmatic style only lead to one year of success ? Pragmatic doesn't mean shutting up shop completely like Juve tonight, it means not blindly adhering to one's principles when it clearly isn't working, making little tweaks here and there, adapting on occasion to thwart an opponent's strength. In short, sensible management.
I'm assuming fuck all. I asked a hypothetical.

You're assuming quite a lot there. I remember one guy on here saying last year prior to the Leicester game at home when we were very much still in with a shout of the title that he hoped Leicester would win the league seeing as when Pep arrived we'd dominate for years. Hmmmm.

Why would a more pragmatic style only lead to one year of success ? Pragmatic doesn't mean shutting up shop completely like Juve tonight, it means not blindly adhering to one's principles when it clearly isn't working, making little tweaks here and there, adapting on occasion to thwart an opponent's strength. In short, sensible management.

Who was this guy and where is this post? Because I call bullshit.

In terms of 'blindly adhering to ones principles', it's this sort of shallow and vacuous non-thinking which leads to so many misconceptions about Pep and the football his team plays. You ignored my earlier post so i'll reiterate, all of Pep's teams thus far have been built on supreme defensive stability. This means not only are they the best attacking sides in their respective leagues, they are also the best defensive sides.

I find it hard to believe that anyone being honest would say they prefer to watch Simeone's 'dogs of war' every week to a Guardiola side. Might be novel for a couple of weeks but most people would soon tire of revert to type negativity as soon as decent opposition pitched up.

That's not how Sheikh Mansour sees it. He's waited years for Pep and invested hundreds of millions in the belief he can transform us into a club that will continually challenge for the CL. We have to view this through SM's eyes. He is like no other club owner.
My contention would be we are close already to being that club. Semi final last season and confident we would have reached the semi again this season if we had shown a little more composure against Monaco. Another season or two from Pep will get us closer still. Messi, Tranny, Robben etc can't dominate for much longer. Sane, Jesus, Raheem, Kev certainly have the potential to. Once we have a few new defenders I can really seeing us getting to a final at least. Bonnucci was different class last night. Imagine him with a fit Vinnie!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.