So Pep failed at Bayern?

I'm pretty sure it's rotated depending on financial needs and betting patterns.
It's very possible. I'd guess thought that RM and Barcelona are UEFA's giant money printing machines.

Outside of Germany Bayern has a good following but, and this is just what I've seen in daily life, they are small potatoes compared to the two "Spanish giants."

I know and work with a good number of Latinos. They all have a favourite side from their home country and or support their national team but almost to a person also count RM or Barcelona as a favoured club. My daughter plays football and the girls her age that are Hispanics usually support one of those teams as well. There is also a fair number of "Anglo" kids that support one or the other. Add this to adults and kids I see on the street who are obviously Latinos wearing football tops and these two teams are by and large the two major clubs supported.

I know this is all anecdotal, but it does appear to show the wide reach of RM and Barcelona. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see UEFA do anything it can to ensure one or both of these teams reach the finals every year.

I like how you chose to miss out the fact Pep also won the title in his first year at Bayern with months to spare.

City are not even in the same postcode this year as Bayern.

For balance Pep's predessor won the treble and built an incredible team from which Pep benefitted.

Not sure how the fuck he's decided that his city team is "tailored to Pep's specifications" either...

Perhaps more will be enlightened this summer.

Pep has kept us at it, regardless of half the team being over the hill 12 months ago - some more than that.

In a new system, in a top-five equation where two of those teams currently above us never kicked a ball in anger this season in Europe, another one who was knocked out of the Champions League group stage of a piss easy group (Just a reminder we played Celtic, Barca and Monchengladbach x2) and United dancing the Thursday night grab-a-granny night.

And before someone declares Pep should have addressed the issues with personnel, the club were in no position to move on players with 12 months remaining on their deals.

You can't judge a man by cup competitions.

It's hard to compare and contrast Pep with Ancelotti because the German league is a one horse procession despite the UK media lovefest with Dortmund who are total also rans.

One thing's for sure OP, Ancelotti has had a better season than Pep this year whether we finish as high as 3rd or as low as 6th. Winning a 1 horse race in some style in your 1st year is imo better than finishing distant also rans at a club which has been tailored to your specifications.

That's the second occassion,during your handful of contributions so far,that you have used the 'tailored to Peps specification'

What exactly are you talking about?

It's very possible. I'd guess thought that RM and Barcelona are UEFA's giant money printing machines.

Outside of Germany Bayern has a good following but, and this is just what I've seen in daily life, they are small potatoes compared to the two "Spanish giants."

I always wonder about this... It seems that outside of Munich itself, most Germans hate Bayern... and from holidaying aroung Europe, I very rarely see kids wearing Bayern kits... loads of Barca, Real Madrid and English teams... Rags, Dippers etc., when you see news from around the globe there are always people wearing kits of the aforementioned teams too, so where is this massive support they claim to have?

I like how you chose to miss out the fact Pep also won the title in his first year at Bayern with months to spare.

City are not even in the same postcode this year as Bayern.

What goes on at Bayern is not the point though. As long as the players agreed to play ball, you or I could take the helm in Munich and win the Bundesliga by April next year.

Pep's underachieved badly this year with us despite having had his right hand man beavering away here for three years prior to his arrival. Ignore the pretty football which is irrelevant and subjective anyway and we're doing as badly, possibly worse than in Pelli's final season.

Pep didn't fail with Bayern. He took them to another level. Never have they been so utterly dominant in the Bundesliga as they have in the 3 Pep seasons. Winning the Champions League is a lottery, no matter how good you are. Look at how long it took for Real Madrid to win their 10th title. It will be same for us. The Premier League is where we will see how good our team is. The Champions League is a bonus on top, if it ever happens.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.