So Pep failed at Bayern?

What goes on at Bayern is not the point though. As long as the players agreed to play ball, you or I could take the helm in Munich and win the Bundesliga by April next year.

Pep's underachieved badly this year with us despite having had his right hand man beavering away here for three years prior to his arrival. Ignore the pretty football which is irrelevant and subjective anyway and we're doing as badly, possibly worse than in Pelli's final season.

You're obviously wasting your abilities on this forum, when exactly did you get your coaching badges ?

Come on man it's not rocket science !

Txiki, the training ground, Manuel, certain signings under Manuel

Out of curiosity who do you think the club should've appointed instead of Pep? You said in another thread you feel putting the medium to long term future of club in Pep's hands is wrong. So I'm curious who you'd want.

Come on man it's not rocket science !

Txiki, the training ground, Manuel, certain signings under Manuel

Its no secret the aim was always to tempt Pep,but to suggest he has walked into a 'tailored' situation is comical - the majority of our squad are players from two previous regimes who he would never dream of coaching,given the choice.The fact he has managed to improve some of them is testament to his ability.

This team wont be tailored to his specifications for a good while yet.

For balance Pep's predessor won the treble and built an incredible team from which Pep benefitted.

Heynckes Bayern were not as good as Pep's.

They won the Champions league, yes, but so did Roberto Di Matteo's Chelsea, and that wasn't a better team than Mourinho's 2004 Chelsea.

And if anyone built that team it was Van Gaal by the way. He bought Gomez, Robben, Gustavo and he brought Kroos, Alaba and Muller into the first team.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity who do you think the club should've appointed instead of Pep? You said in another thread you feel putting the medium to long term future of club in Pep's hands is wrong. So I'm curious who you'd want.

It's a difficult one. Obviously it's a lot easier for me to say Pep's underperforming than to diagnose a way to fix things (if things do need fixing)

All I can say is what kind of style of team I like. A team of high quality, tough, well drilled men who will go out with an attitude that every tackle is to be fiercely contested, we earn the right to play first and we keep things tight before imposing our greater quality on the opposition.

Sounds like a Simeone team to me but realistically Abu Dhabi don't want that kind of football, Txiki doesn't want it and maybe a lot of our fans don't either.

For me a dour 1 nil win from a scrappy goal will always be preferable to a scintillating 3-3 draw, sorry.

Its no secret the aim was always to tempt Pep,but to suggest he has walked into a 'tailored' situation is comical - the majority of our squad are players from two previous regimes who he would never dream of coaching,given the choice.The fact he has managed to improve some of them is testament to his ability.

This team wont be tailored to his specifications for a good while yet.

Agree that some of the players aren't Pep's cup of tea and a few are past their best but they aren't totally over the hill and our squad I would argue is still the best in the league.

It's a difficult one. Obviously it's a lot easier for me to say Pep's underperforming than to diagnose a way to fix things (if things do need fixing)

All I can say is what kind of style of team I like. A team of high quality, tough, well drilled men who will go out with an attitude that every tackle is to be fiercely contested, we earn the right to play first and we keep things tight before imposing our greater quality on the opposition.

Sounds like a Simeone team to me but realistically Abu Dhabi don't want that kind of football, Txiki doesn't want it and maybe a lot of our fans don't either.

For me a dour 1 nil win from a scrappy goal will always be preferable to a scintillating 3-3 draw, sorry.

Don't worry I don't think Peps underperforming really. It's been a disappointing season but a transitional one.

You're fucked if you like Simeone teams. Never coming to the Etihad under Mansour. The future will just be different versions of Pep. I reckon it'll be Tuchel next if he doesn't end up at Arsenal.

"
Don't worry I don't think Peps underperforming really. It's been a disappointing season but a transitional one.

You're fucked if you like Simeone teams. Never coming to the Etihad under Mansour. The future will just be different versions of Pep. I reckon it'll be Tuchel next if he doesn't end up at Arsenal.

Yeah man I'm fucked.

I like teams getting to the CL SF 3 years out of 4. I like a club with a budget a fraction the size of their main two rivals punching way above their weight and winning the title.

It's a question of what you like I supose. I'm entertained by seeing us win. Some people are entertained by 600 sideways 5yd passes per game. Each to their own.

I agree that it won't happen though.

If Pep doesn't succeed here and the owners are still insistent on a certain style of football Wenger is probably the closest adherent to that style.

Be careful what you wish for !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.