So Pep failed at Bayern?

I think we had to get the forward line in as they'd have all been elsewhere last summer if not with us, Sane, Jesus, KDB and Sterling would have been snapped up by others and we'd be now saying we needed better forwards instead of better defenders. It's how I see it anyway.
I wasn't really thinking about Sane and Jesus, and I agree, (the other 2 were already here anyway). More thinking about how we didn't prioritise younger attacking full backs, which we all thought last year were required. Nolito, Bravo, Moreno, and Zinchenko though ?

I wasn't really thinking about Sane and Jesus, and I agree, (the other 2 were already here anyway). More thinking about how we didn't prioritise younger attacking full backs, which we all thought last year were required. Nolito, Bravo, Moreno, and Zinchenko though ?

Think it was the fact we couldn't get rid of any of the fb's we've got.

We could expand this thread with the observation that the Germans now have learned that Monaco is a quite good team, so Pep did not exactly fail when City were kicked out of the CL by them.

Wrong, it became a 'thing of beauty' because they nicked it, if they hadn't scored and had lost it would have been what they deserved. You're saying it all in hindsight.

Winning at all costs is for those ****s across the road, I'd rather do it with style and if it comes up short sometimes so be it.
You'd rather basically cheat but as long as we've a trophy at the end you'll be happy, I won't.

Don't know if I'm ruining your innocence here but they all cheat and always have done.

Nolito possibly, but before Jesus arrived he was used. Moreno and Zinchenko weren't in the squad and we didnt have room for them. Still think if the Zaba deal had gone through we'd have brought one in.

Oh He failed there make no mistake. we had a 2 goal lead for fuck sake.
Our defenders failed not Pep, a free kick that was silly to give away in first place, leaving 2 players free in the centre for a free header... we were going through before that goal, the way some blues go on about it Monaco were already through before that.

Phrase that differently:

Would you rather finish 3rd getting a team and style in place followed by several years of great success, or finish top one year playing pragmatic football and then do fuck all else?

You're assuming quite a lot there. I remember one guy on here saying last year prior to the Leicester game at home when we were very much still in with a shout of the title that he hoped Leicester would win the league seeing as when Pep arrived we'd dominate for years. Hmmmm.

Why would a more pragmatic style only lead to one year of success ? Pragmatic doesn't mean shutting up shop completely like Juve tonight, it means not blindly adhering to one's principles when it clearly isn't working, making little tweaks here and there, adapting on occasion to thwart an opponent's strength. In short, sensible management.

I remember when City got to the semi-finals, unlike any teams in Pep's wake this season.

I remember one guy on here saying last year prior to the Leicester game at home when we were very much still in with a shout of the title that he hoped Leicester would win the league seeing as when Pep arrived we'd dominate for years. Hmmmm.
Not bad for someone who only joined the forum last week, so which former poster are you ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.