So(sorry) Khaldoon,Typical City?

That's the city I love and miss from time to time. Last night was a tiny reminder that I still have a bit of typical city to cling onto :)
It was the fans that made that period so special, it didn’t matter if we got battered, you knew you’d have a laugh at games no matter what. The piss taking out of ourselves shaped me as a youngster, it was like an automatic self defence mechanism when other fans started handing it out. These days it would be like the end of the world to some of our fans if something like that Dunney rebound happened.

It was the fans that made that period so special, it didn’t matter if we got battered, you knew you’d have a laugh at games no matter what. The piss taking out of ourselves shaped me as a youngster, it was like an automatic self defence mechanism when other fans started handing it out. These days it would be like the end of the world to some of our fans if something like that Dunney rebound happened.
I'm with you on that, the piss taking was relentless ,fans of a certain vintage have very thick skin whereas a few of our recent but decent fans still need a few layers to get.
I shudder to think of them being there in the flesh watching Jamie pollock float a header into his own net whilst we was fighting for our lives.

This thread title messes with my head on so many levels.

For me Ric it reminds me that I have never got away from the thought that even if we are winning 4-0 with 5 minutes to go there is still a chance of a draw or even a 4-5 loss!! I’ve definitely been supporting City for too long!!

Really we shouldn’t have had that last day match in 2012!! Two goals in that time always comes back to me and the feeling of; if we can do it so can they!!

We drew away in europe.
It's not the end of the world
From the time in the game of the free kick/penalty to when we managed to get the ball in the corner at the end, that’s just about the worst I’ve seen City play since Pearce was manager. It was comical!

I don't miss the old City at all. It was fucking shit watching us lose, self-destruct or commit other such unprofessional buffoonery, made all the harder to stomach by rags winning everything. Thank god those dark days of football are gone.

We must be very careful not to let the scousers overtake us though, we need to start with a win this Sunday, go on to retain the title and have a very strong summer transfer window so nobody runs us this close again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.