so this agenda thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
moomba said:
tonea2003 said:
moomba said:
You's be looking at potential supporters, players, sponsors.

It's not about 1 game though although some will try and make it into that. Sustained positive press for a competitor has a negative impact on us, whether that press is justified or not.

By the samemtoken, sustained negative press will have an impact on the above.

how do you explain record revenues and growing and on the way to being the if not already the best team/squad we have ever had.

some impact!

We got a record goal tally last year. Should we not be worried about the injuries to Aguero and Jovetic?

i am yes, but that's a completely different topic and what's that got to do with positive rag and dipper press?

i will add we are only two goals behind last year at this stage with a significantly harder start

Eccles Blue said:
Ok, as I've said before I'm on the fence in a way, can't make my mind up but............ Why the heck was MOTD2 broadcast from the swamp tonight?????

I turned it on when I thought the love in would be over, which it was they were just going on to yesterday's goals, to find that they were at that place!!!! Why am I paying my licence fee for that load of swamp place love in??

Because they got wind of QPR rolling over for the rags and had to be there, to big up the resurgence of team Shite ;-)

moomba said:
Pigeonho said:
tonea2003 said:
how do you explain record revenues and growing and on the way to being the if not already the best team/squad we have ever had.

some impact!
You'll go around in circles with that one, as they will bring potential investors who may have been out off into it, despite there being not one shred of proof to back it up.
And despite you not having a shred of evidence to prove otherwise. By your logic we would have to suffer a drop in commercial revenue for anything to have had a negative impact on the club. This despite moving from a mid table club, occasionally in the europa league, and an average squad to a club competing at the top of England and Europe with the likes of Aguero, Silva, Yaya turning out for us.
I have all the wonderful investment to point towards an agenda not doing what you seem to think it's there to do. High end investment at that. When such a document is provided from the CEO of a major company who said 'thanks, but no thanks due to the negative press you get', I will hold my hands up and say fair enough. There aren't any though, as far as I'm aware anyway. What there are, however, are delightful emails from the club to say who the latest investor is.
Seeing as we are talking solely about the sky united fest yesterday though and motd being broadcast from OT, I doubt very much either of those put off any investors investing in City. That is what this thread is about, City suffering from an anti City agenda.

Pigeonho said:
moomba said:
Pigeonho said:
You'll go around in circles with that one, as they will bring potential investors who may have been out off into it, despite there being not one shred of proof to back it up.
And despite you not having a shred of evidence to prove otherwise. By your logic we would have to suffer a drop in commercial revenue for anything to have had a negative impact on the club. This despite moving from a mid table club, occasionally in the europa league, and an average squad to a club competing at the top of England and Europe with the likes of Aguero, Silva, Yaya turning out for us.
I have all the wonderful investment to point towards an agenda not doing what you seem to think it's there to do. High end investment at that. When such a document is provided from the CEO of a major company who said 'thanks, but no thanks due to the negative press you get', I will hold my hands up and say fair enough. There aren't any though, as far as I'm aware anyway. What there are, however, are delightful emails from the club to say who the latest investor is.
Seeing as we are talking solely about the sky united fest yesterday though and motd being broadcast from OT, I doubt very much either of those put off any investors investing in City. That is what this thread is about, City suffering from an anti City agenda.

So you're looking for evidence that will never be publicly produced, and if it was it was delivered privately to the club it would never be released.

And as I've said before, its not about one match. No one ever claims its about one match despite you trying to make out that it is about one match on a daily basis.

Pigeonho said:
Why would anyone get upset about where match of the day is broadcast from? Have those who frequent other clubs' forums visited them to see if they care that is was broadcast from OT?

I don't remember saying I was upset about it, I just pointed it out as maybe being part of the agenda. You really shouldn't get upset about me maybe being upset. If you want upset just get me started on Clattenberg!! :-)

tonea2003 said:
moomba said:
tonea2003 said:

some impact!

We got a record goal tally last year. Should we not be worried about the injuries to Aguero and Jovetic?

i am yes, but that's a completely different topic and what's that got to do with positive rag and dipper press?

It shows that setting records doesn't mean that there arent problems that need to be resolved.

We have made great gains in our commercial performance, you would expect that given where we've come from. But it doesnt mean that there havent been problems along the way, or that those problems still don't exist.

moomba said:
Pigeonho said:
moomba said:

So you're looking for evidence that will never be publicly produced, and if it was it was delivered privately to the club it would never be released.

And as I've said before, its not about one match. No one ever claims its about one match despite you trying to make out that it is about one match on a daily basis.
Sorry, but the facts are that we have attracted huge investments from world-renowned companies. That, to me, says the agenda is not there or at least not working.
And as for it being about one match, well we are where we are at the minute because we were talking about yesterday's match, and your supposed belief that it had a negative effect on us and the rest of the league. It didn't.

moomba said:
tonea2003 said:
moomba said:

It shows that setting records doesn't mean that there arent problems that need to be resolved.

We have made great gains in our commercial performance, you would expect that given where we've come from. But it doesnt mean that there havent been problems along the way, or that those problems still don't exist.

couldn't agree more but again that is different topic to what's being debated in this thread

Pigeonho said:
moomba said:
Pigeonho said:

Sorry, but the facts are that we have attracted huge investments from world-renowned companies. That, to me, says the agenda is not there or at least not working.
And as for it being about one match, well we are where we are at the minute because we were talking about yesterday's match, and your supposed belief that it had a negative effect on us and the rest of the league. It didn't.

I am not claiming that there is agenda against us (and have specifically stated that I don't believe there is), and I am not claiming that postive press in one game has any sort of significant impact on us (and have specifically stated that I am talking about sustained positive and negative press, not a one off game).

If we attract 1 billion in new sponsorships, and lose one because of any issue then that issue has had a negative impact on us, you might consider it insignificant and you have a fair argument to make (I disagree). But (and I know you post things to fit your argument, not what you truly believe) I can't fathom someone refusing to accept that the press can have a positive or negative impact on clubs.

moomba said:
Pigeonho said:
moomba said:

I am not claiming that there is agenda against us (and have specifically stated that I don't believe there is), and I am not claiming that postive press in one game has any sort of significant impact on us (and have specifically stated that I am talking about sustained positive and negative press, not a one off game).

If we attract 1 billion in new sponsorships, and lose one because of any issue then that issue has had a negative impact on us, you might consider it insignificant and you have a fair argument to make (I disagree). But (and I know you post things to fit your argument, not what you truly believe) I can't fathom someone refusing to accept that the press can have a positive or negative impact on clubs.
You brought the one off game into it! You said that positive press for united, ie yesterday's game and the coverage of it, was negative to us and the other clubs. Then we got back to where we were last week and will still be in this time next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.