so this agenda thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
rushts said:
I bet every Footy Journo in the land is aware of this thread. They know we are on to it/them. But they also know there is fuck all we can do about it.

I don't think those who believe in the Agenda etc. want anything done about it to be frank.

City fans are a strange lot in that we like to think of our allegiance to City as character building so expected success as distinct from the occasional win against the old enemy takes a bit of getting used to.

Eventually we will settle down to an acceptance of our new expectations (as indeed the media will) into getting a more evenly balanced recognition.
Coincidentally, this change is likely to coincide with our fan base increasing.

George Hannah said:
The cookie monster said:
But bias,yes of course there is.
Quite seriously, if you acknowledge media bias and is it intentional, repeated bias, then logically you have acknowledged an agenda by that organization. That agenda is shared by those who seek to benefit financially from promoting the best supported teams and undermining their rivals. It is just fortunate for them that these agendas coincide with the prejudices of their resident hacks and please remember that a negative headline about City gets almost as many if not more clicks than a eulogizing one about the cartel clubs. It is surely beyond reasonable doubt that our rivals in the cartel for prizes on the field have their parasite allies in UEFA and the media lined up and ready to serve. Which they do on a daily basis despite the occasional positive report.

there you go again putting 2+2 together and making 5

SilverFox2 said:
rushts said:
I bet every Footy Journo in the land is aware of this thread. They know we are on to it/them. But they also know there is fuck all we can do about it.
I don't think those who believe in the Agenda etc. want anything done about it to be frank.
City fans are a strange lot in that we like to think of our allegiance to City as character building so expected success as distinct from the occasional win against the old enemy takes a bit of getting used to.
Eventually we will settle down to an acceptance of our new expectations (as indeed the media will) into getting a more evenly balanced recognition.
That is a very peculiar remark my vulpine friend. Every City fan wants us to grind their odious faces in our successful results and every one of those will reduce the flow of effluent a little more until the sewer runs dry.

spanishblue said:
The cookie monster said:
Looks live Dave Kidds been reading this thread
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/unhappy-manuel-pellegrini-turning-manchester-4264500" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... er-4264500</a>

And now City head to Bayern Munich in the Champions League with Pellegrini still serving a ­touchline ban for a strange attempt to blame last season’s home defeat by ­Barcelona on the Swedishness of the referee

This sort of paranoia suggests Pellegrini feels at home with the Blue Moonies
City’s wonderful fans have always loved a conspiracy theory, their sardonic gloominess fostered during decades in the shadows of Stretford’s ‘evil empire’.

But as Joseph Heller wrote in Catch 22, ‘Just because you’re ­paranoid doesn’t mean they aren’t after you’.

If you don't believe there is an agenda after reading that rag driven shite, you want your fukin bumps read

RagDipper driver agenda. The Dippers play some Bulgarian outfit that prior to the CL draw few will have heard of. We play the German champions. The DT this morning offers THREE full pages ejaculating over 'those wonderful European nights'! Guess where! We get a couple of column inches describing the purple and lime green third kit, which, according to the hack, glows in the dark if City players tear-arse about the pitch, and then they finish off with a snipe that it'll cost £60. Are Dipper and Rag replica shirts this side of £20 or what? When did the DT last mention the price of a Dipper or Rag shirt?

George Hannah said:
SilverFox2 said:
rushts said:
That is a very peculiar remark my vulpine friend. Every City fan wants us to grind their odious faces in our successful results and every one of those will reduce the flow of effluent a little more until the sewer runs dry.

Apologies George, perhaps I should clarify my thoughts.

Should there be an admission by all and sundry within the media that they publish articles according to the affiliation of their readership then will those in favour of the Agenda stop posting examples of perceived injustice ?

I suspect not just as I suspect the papers will still pander to the allegiance of their readership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.