so this agenda thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cookie monster said:
de niro said:
The cookie monster said:
So what do you think is happenning then..........Are UEFA telling refs to stop us?

of course they are. the number of dodgy decisions made could not happen if random. when did you last see a home side get 2 players sent off? not many i guess. i think both players were unlucky, as was kun, the ref was playing to the letter of the law.

EXCEPT THE SAME FOULS WENT UNPUNISHED IN BOTH OUR TIES V MOSCOW. pens were brushed away for us and they get a well dodgy one.
add. that to the ref at the derby and it stinks to high heaven.
i know you dont want to see the agenga, why would you. but its there for all to see.
next you'll be saying the actual draw is random.
You do realise that this would probably involve hundreds of people?
It would be the biggest scandel ever in football & all to stop us in our tracks

Tbh I really don't think Uefa have much to worry abt regarding us winning the thing do you, as we are a fuckin million miles from doing so.

give us a fair crack of the whip and if then we do fuck all then i'll hold my hands up.

the way it is now we stand no chance.....and uefa know it.

Personally I think there is an enormous amount of jealousy running through football about how this mediocre mid table premier league team and in many cases either not mediocre or mid table (shit and championship) has progressed in the last five years. The improvements on and off the field have been staggering and let's not forget that. What pisses off the rich kid the most, people who don't fawn all over him and constantly try and put him down. That is what I believe is happening. Refs who go home and boast 'you should have seen the decision I didn't give today' etc etc.

There is no co-ordinated agenda against City but there is clear media bias, for commercial reasons outlined before. But I think we get a lot of poor decisions because referees, especially weak ones like Michael Oliver, are influenced by public perceptions. When the rags were at their peak they got lots of decisions because referees, perhaps subconsciously, knew they would be torn to pieces in the press (and savaged by Baconface) if they gave a bad decision against United.

Some may describe this as corruption but it is more about power and influence. The more powerful an organisation is (Bayern, Barca, United) the more influence they can exert. The good news for City is we have just scrambled onto the top table. It will take us 10 years to become as powerful as clubs like the rags...if it ever happens. In the meantime we have to adopt the siege mentality which did us proud in 2012 and last season.

Elbow beards said:
Everton attendance 32,000 over 7000 down on capacity, any mention of that in media anywhere?

Yes, at the start of the game the commentator said it was an excellent attendance at Goodison, as you would expect.

moomba said:
Elbow beards said:
Everton attendance 32,000 over 7000 down on capacity, any mention of that in media anywhere?

Yes, at the start of the game the commentator said it was an excellent attendance at Goodison, as you would expect.

The attendance issue is a sham and yet another easy excuse for the media to get their snidey digs in.

But it's almost a straw man argument to compare the media's take on attendances at Goodison and White Hart Lane in the Europa Cup.

Ours was against Roma in the Champions League. Very different.

bobbyowenquiff said:
There is no co-ordinated agenda against City but there is clear media bias, for commercial reasons outlined before. But I think we get a lot of poor decisions because referees, especially weak ones like Michael Oliver, are influenced by public perceptions. When the rags were at their peak they got lots of decisions because referees, perhaps subconsciously, knew they would be torn to pieces in the press (and savaged by Baconface) if they gave a bad decision against United.

Some may describe this as corruption but it is more about power and influence. The more powerful an organisation is (Bayern, Barca, United) the more influence they can exert. The good news for City is we have just scrambled onto the top table. It will take us 10 years to become as powerful as clubs like the rags...if it ever happens. In the meantime we have to adopt the siege mentality which did us proud in 2012 and last season.

If money is spent well inevitably you will rise to the top because eventually you get the best of all the components that ensure you do rise to the top.

Of course staying there is never a sure thing but until other premiership sides have our resources we will always have an advantage and even if some eventually do all it means is that the number of clubs to land trophies will increase and we will still purely from the law of large numbers get our share of them as well but not as many as we have.

We have the power and the power is in the form of money , sounds trite but it is what it is and without it we couldn't achieve what we have and will from now on.

I am not concerned about Europe because we will eventually be successful there as well.

These players and this squad is just the forerunner of a far superior one that have the right blend and right mindset and management support to challenge on both fronts at the same time.

Not saying much I know but you will find when we lift the Chumps League its a certainty that none of the current squad or the manager will be present on the pitch to hold it and that's how it always is.

VK , DS, KA, JH, PZ, etc were just the forerunners that set the wheels in motion.

Even when the wheel falls off which is does as long as you still have the rest of the car you replace the wheel and move forward better than before.

Lucky Toma said:
moomba said:
Elbow beards said:

The attendance issue is a sham and yet another easy excuse for the media to get their snidey digs in.

But it's almost a straw man argument to compare the media's take on attendances at Goodison and White Hart Lane in the Europa Cup.

Ours was against Roma in the Champions League. Very different.

Not really. What they are saying is that more people should go to the glamour competitions and glamour games. But aren't those people derided by the press as bandwagoners and gloryhunters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.