so this agenda thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matty said:
tonea2003 said:
Matty said:
Domestically, no.

In Europe, I don;t think so either, however I do think UEFA have a serious dislike for our club and the way we're going about our business, and I also think they are actively looking for ways to derail us (the "change" to the way FFP is determined is a prime example of this). As for, specifically, the referees, I don't believe they are given instructions, however I do believe it's possible that they too, like UEFA, see City as an example of what is wrong with football and, whether intentionally, or subliminally, are therefore giving decisions against us that they probably shouldn't.

It's also worth noting the experience levels of our Champion's League referees. In both CSKA games the referee was really poor, and made game changing decisions. The late penalty in Moscow, the sending off of Fernandinho, and the failure to book the right Moscow player and therefore send him off at the Etihad, all had a direct impact on the results. In Moscow wehad a Hungarian referee, unaccustomed to big games, and experiencing his first ever Champion's League match. At the Etihad we had a Greek referee, again, aside from the occasional Olympiakos v Panathaniakos match, inexperienced when it comes to big games, in just his second Champion's League match. Both demonstrated the task was far beyond them, so why were we the "guinea pigs" for these referees to experiment upon? It'll be interesting to see whether we get another inexperienced referee for either the Bayern or Roma matches.

i get what you are saying re the refs matty but that would affect both teams wouldn't it?
also i don't know the standard/experience of the refs we have had over the last 4 years? would be interesting to see.
It would certainly have the potential to affect both teams, but that would depend upon the situations that arose in the game, and where the lack of ability/experience of the refree became exposed. Maybe if we'd had a striker diving under no contact in the last few minutes in Moscow we'd have been given a penalty, however that wasn't the match scenario that occured so, ultimately, the shit ref actually aided CSKA and hindered us. Whether that was by design, or just the way the incident panned out is open to debate.

Forgotton amd brushed under the carpet post the Moscow game was russian press articles showing the refs pissed up family member, brother i believe in the crowd with the Moscow fans, shouting obscenities all night at City and telling everyone not to worry, as the ref would be giving them a penalty soon enough.

The rest is history.....

Matty said:
tonea2003 said:
Matty said:
Domestically, no.

In Europe, I don;t think so either, however I do think UEFA have a serious dislike for our club and the way we're going about our business, and I also think they are actively looking for ways to derail us (the "change" to the way FFP is determined is a prime example of this). As for, specifically, the referees, I don't believe they are given instructions, however I do believe it's possible that they too, like UEFA, see City as an example of what is wrong with football and, whether intentionally, or subliminally, are therefore giving decisions against us that they probably shouldn't.

It's also worth noting the experience levels of our Champion's League referees. In both CSKA games the referee was really poor, and made game changing decisions. The late penalty in Moscow, the sending off of Fernandinho, and the failure to book the right Moscow player and therefore send him off at the Etihad, all had a direct impact on the results. In Moscow wehad a Hungarian referee, unaccustomed to big games, and experiencing his first ever Champion's League match. At the Etihad we had a Greek referee, again, aside from the occasional Olympiakos v Panathaniakos match, inexperienced when it comes to big games, in just his second Champion's League match. Both demonstrated the task was far beyond them, so why were we the "guinea pigs" for these referees to experiment upon? It'll be interesting to see whether we get another inexperienced referee for either the Bayern or Roma matches.

i get what you are saying re the refs matty but that would affect both teams wouldn't it?
also i don't know the standard/experience of the refs we have had over the last 4 years? would be interesting to see.
It would certainly have the potential to affect both teams, but that would depend upon the situations that arose in the game, and where the lack of ability/experience of the refree became exposed. Maybe if we'd had a striker diving under no contact in the last few minutes in Moscow we'd have been given a penalty, however that wasn't the match scenario that occured so, ultimately, the shit ref actually aided CSKA and hindered us. Whether that was by design, or just the way the incident panned out is open to debate.

in this particular game the only real debate was our inability to see out a game that should have been put to bed by half time

tonea2003 said:
Matty said:
tonea2003 said:

in this particular game the only real debate was our inability to see out a game that should have been put to bed by half time

Why is that the only real debate?

The two refs in the CSKA games were absolutely shocking to a point where I no longer believe it's just incompetence.

tonea2003 said:

Not really. The refereeing in that match was certainly worth discussion, as was the "home crowd". Our inability to see out the game was certainly discussed at length as well.

Don Karleone said:
tonea2003 said:
Matty said:

Why is that the only real debate?

The two refs in the CSKA games were absolutely shocking to a point where I no longer believe it's just incompetence.

you are right the standard of the refereeing needs to be looked at but in general not specifically against us

my point was i don't think we would have been questioning it if we had done our job in those two games.

tonea2003 said:
my point was i don't think we would have been questioning it if we had done our job in those two games.

The refereeing was (rightly) questioned after the derby which we won.

moomba said:
tonea2003 said:

Not really. The refereeing in that match was certainly worth discussion, as was the "home crowd". Our inability to see out the game was certainly discussed at length as well.

agreed on both points see my reply to don karleone

if we had done our job we wouldn't have had the debate on either i believe

moomba said:
tonea2003 said:

The refereeing was (rightly) questioned after the derby which we won.

exception rather than the rule and down to an extreme lack of not giving us a pen

tonea2003 said:
moomba said:
tonea2003 said:

agreed on both points see my reply to don karleone

if we had done our job we wouldn't have had the debate on either i believe

You keep saying that but in the first game we had done the job. Yes we were dog shit second half but we had the game and points in the bag before the ref stepped in.

At home what job do you expect us to do when we are down to 9 men?

At this level can you name a side of our stature thats been reduced to 9 men at home in the CL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.