so this agenda thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
blueinsa said:
tonea2003 said:
moomba said:
Not really. The refereeing in that match was certainly worth discussion, as was the "home crowd". Our inability to see out the game was certainly discussed at length as well.

agreed on both points see my reply to don karleone

if we had done our job we wouldn't have had the debate on either i believe

You keep saying that but in the first game we had done the job. Yes we were dog shit second half but we had the game and points in the bag before the ref stepped in.

At home what job do you expect us to do when we are down to 9 men?

At this level can you name a side of our stature thats been reduced to 9 men at home in the CL?

nonsense, the first match in the second half we couldn't keep hold the ball putting ourselves under pressure nothing to do with the ref

in the second we were awful from minute one as their first goal proved and that set the tone for the rest of the game
the sendings off were bourne out of frustration from our poor play on the night,
we were only down to 9 for 10 minutes
granted the ref was all over the show but by design or incompetent well...that rages on

tonea2003 said:
blueinsa said:
tonea2003 said:
agreed on both points see my reply to don karleone

if we had done our job we wouldn't have had the debate on either i believe

You keep saying that but in the first game we had done the job. Yes we were dog shit second half but we had the game and points in the bag before the ref stepped in.

At this level can you name a side of our stature thats been reduced to 9 men at home in the CL?

nonsense, the first match in the second half we couldn't keep hold the ball putting ourselves under pressure nothing to do with the ref

I absolutely agree, our ball retention was terrible, and we played extremely poorly throughout the second half, and none of that was the referees fault. However, what isn't up for debate is that, despite our poor play, and our woeful ball retention, we were still leading 2-1 in a vital Champion's League game, with just 5 minutes left. It was at this stage the referee made a terrible decision and gifted CSKA an equaliser. Assuming we'd have been able to hold on for a further 5 minutes, plus a few minutes injury time (not an outlandish assumption), we'd have won the game 2-1. So, yes we were crap in the second half, but crap was still good enough to hold on for the win, until the referee intervened.

Matty said:
tonea2003 said:
blueinsa said:

I absolutely agree, our ball retention was terrible, and we played extremely poorly throughout the second half, and none of that was the referees fault. However, what isn't up for debate is that, despite our poor play, and our woeful ball retention, we were still leading 2-1 in a vital Champion's League game, with just 5 minutes left. It was at this stage the referee made a terrible decision and gifted CSKA an equaliser. Assuming we'd have been able to hold on for a further 5 minutes, plus a few minutes injury time (not an outlandish assumption), we'd have won the game 2-1. So, yes we were crap in the second half, but crap was still good enough to hold on for the win, until the referee intervened.

but by design or just plain incompetence

Matty said:
tonea2003 said:
just for clarity, are you saying referees are explicitly told by their bosses(under instruction from some smoky corridor somewhere) to not give decisions to us and to give decisions to our oppos whenever they can.

Domestically, no.

In Europe, I don;t think so either, however I do think UEFA have a serious dislike for our club and the way we're going about our business, and I also think they are actively looking for ways to derail us (the "change" to the way FFP is determined is a prime example of this). As for, specificallyI don't believe they are given instructions, however I do believe it's possible that they too, like UEFA, see City as an example of what is wrong with football and, whether intentionally, or subliminally, are therefore giving decisions against us that they probably shouldn't.
, the referees,

It's also worth noting the experience levels of our Champion's League referees. In both CSKA games the referee was really poor, and made game changing decisions. The late penalty in Moscow, the sending off of Fernandinho, and the failure to book the right Moscow player and therefore send him off at the Etihad, all had a direct impact on the results. In Moscow wehad a Hungarian referee, unaccustomed to big games, and experiencing his first ever Champion's League match. At the Etihad we had a Greek referee, again, aside from the occasional Olympiakos v Panathaniakos match, inexperienced when it comes to big games, in just his second Champion's League match. Both demonstrated the task was far beyond them, so why were we the "guinea pigs" for these referees to experiment upon? It'll be interesting to see whether we get another inexperienced referee for either the Bayern or Roma matches.
I dont remember any of this agenda bollocks when the mad russian came on the scene with chelsea, why have they got it in for us but never had it in for the chavs?

The cookie monster said:
Matty said:
tonea2003 said:
just for clarity, are you saying referees are explicitly told by their bosses(under instruction from some smoky corridor somewhere) to not give decisions to us and to give decisions to our oppos whenever they can.

Domestically, no.

In Europe, I don;t think so either, however I do think UEFA have a serious dislike for our club and the way we're going about our business, and I also think they are actively looking for ways to derail us (the "change" to the way FFP is determined is a prime example of this). As for, specificallyI don't believe they are given instructions, however I do believe it's possible that they too, like UEFA, see City as an example of what is wrong with football and, whether intentionally, or subliminally, are therefore giving decisions against us that they probably shouldn't.
, the referees,

It's also worth noting the experience levels of our Champion's League referees. In both CSKA games the referee was really poor, and made game changing decisions. The late penalty in Moscow, the sending off of Fernandinho, and the failure to book the right Moscow player and therefore send him off at the Etihad, all had a direct impact on the results. In Moscow wehad a Hungarian referee, unaccustomed to big games, and experiencing his first ever Champion's League match. At the Etihad we had a Greek referee, again, aside from the occasional Olympiakos v Panathaniakos match, inexperienced when it comes to big games, in just his second Champion's League match. Both demonstrated the task was far beyond them, so why were we the "guinea pigs" for these referees to experiment upon? It'll be interesting to see whether we get another inexperienced referee for either the Bayern or Roma matches.
I dont remember any of this agenda bollocks when the mad russian came on the scene with chelsea, why have they got it in for us but never had it in for the chavs?

remember this?

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PENQDQ52SOY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PENQDQ52SOY</a>

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAW1Q1kU58I" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAW1Q1kU58I</a>

The cookie monster said:
Matty said:
tonea2003 said:

Domestically, no.

, the referees,

Chelsea were viewed as a 1 off, the English League, and UEFA, could cope with a one off. Then Chelsea were successful, and other rich football fans saw a blueprint for achieving in football, so City, PSG, Malaga, Monaco, Anji etc were invested in, suddenly it's not a 1 off, it's a pandemic, and the established elite didn't like it.

Also don't underestimate the importance in the difference between Russian Oligarch and Middle Eastern Islamic nation/individual. The last decade or so, like it or not, has seen intense distrust of that religion, that part of the world, and those associated with it. Anyone who thinks there are no racial undertones in an organisation that slaps teams/people on the wrist for overtly racist acts is naive in the extreme.

Matty said:
The cookie monster said:
Matty said:
Domestically, no.

, the referees,

Chelsea were viewed as a 1 off, the English League, and UEFA, could cope with a one off. Then Chelsea were successful, and other rich football fans saw a blueprint for achieving in football, so City, PSG, Malaga, Monaco, Anji etc were invested in, suddenly it's not a 1 off, it's a pandemic, and the established elite didn't like it.

Also don't underestimate the importance in the difference between Russian Oligarch and Middle Eastern Islamic nation/individual. The last decade or so, like it or not, has seen intense distrust of that religion, that part of the world, and those associated with it. Anyone who thinks there are no racial undertones in an organisation that slaps teams/people on the wrist for overtly racist acts is naive in the extreme.

I'm amazed FIFA gave qatar the world cup then
Tbh i honestly can't see UEFA fuckin us over because of our owners race......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.