so this agenda thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cookie monster said:
Matty said:
The cookie monster said:
I dont remember any of this agenda bollocks when the mad russian came on the scene with chelsea, why have they got it in for us but never had it in for the chavs?
Chelsea were viewed as a 1 off, the English League, and UEFA, could cope with a one off. Then Chelsea were successful, and other rich football fans saw a blueprint for achieving in football, so City, PSG, Malaga, Monaco, Anji etc were invested in, suddenly it's not a 1 off, it's a pandemic, and the established elite didn't like it.

Also don't underestimate the importance in the difference between Russian Oligarch and Middle Eastern Islamic nation/individual. The last decade or so, like it or not, has seen intense distrust of that religion, that part of the world, and those associated with it. Anyone who thinks there are no racial undertones in an organisation that slaps teams/people on the wrist for overtly racist acts is naive in the extreme.

I'm amazed FIFA gave qatar the world cup then
Tbh i honestly can't see UEFA fuckin us over because of our owners race......
<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=307601" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=14&t=307601</a>

George Hannah said:
The cookie monster said:
Matty said:
Chelsea were viewed as a 1 off, the English League, and UEFA, could cope with a one off. Then Chelsea were successful, and other rich football fans saw a blueprint for achieving in football, so City, PSG, Malaga, Monaco, Anji etc were invested in, suddenly it's not a 1 off, it's a pandemic, and the established elite didn't like it.

Also don't underestimate the importance in the difference between Russian Oligarch and Middle Eastern Islamic nation/individual. The last decade or so, like it or not, has seen intense distrust of that religion, that part of the world, and those associated with it. Anyone who thinks there are no racial undertones in an organisation that slaps teams/people on the wrist for overtly racist acts is naive in the extreme.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=307601" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=14&t=307601</a>
I'd already clocked that thread, but they still gave it to the country in the first place when aparently they havn't liked this part of the world for a decade.........

The worst decision in the CSKA away game wasn't even their late pen. Dzeko was scythed down in the box when clean through late in the first. A penalty to make it 3-0 and red was the obvious decision, yet it was waived away.

3-0 and a man up, we win that game. We win that game, we win at home, and we're damn near through.

Seriously, it was stonewall beyond belief.

andrewmswift said:
The worst decision in the CSKA away game wasn't even their late pen. Dzeko was scythed down in the box when clean through late in the first. A penalty to make it 3-0 and red was the obvious decision, yet it was waived away.

3-0 and a man up, we win that game. We win that game, we win at home, and we're damn near through.

That was the worse decision in this year's champs league

tonea2003 said:
Matty said:
tonea2003 said:
i get what you are saying re the refs matty but that would affect both teams wouldn't it?
also i don't know the standard/experience of the refs we have had over the last 4 years? would be interesting to see.
It would certainly have the potential to affect both teams, but that would depend upon the situations that arose in the game, and where the lack of ability/experience of the refree became exposed. Maybe if we'd had a striker diving under no contact in the last few minutes in Moscow we'd have been given a penalty, however that wasn't the match scenario that occured so, ultimately, the shit ref actually aided CSKA and hindered us. Whether that was by design, or just the way the incident panned out is open to debate.

in this particular game the only real debate was our inability to see out a game that should have been put to bed by half time

had we been given the rightful penalty or they wern't given a bent one it would have been.

squirtyflower said:
andrewmswift said:

To be fair to the ref he played the advantage. When Milner couldn't convert from a very difficult angle he realised
which team he was officiating, breathed a sigh of relief and thought they can't expect any more can they?
Well if they do f*** em.

The cookie monster said:
George Hannah said:
The cookie monster said:
I'd already clocked that thread, but they still gave it to the country in the first place when aparently they havn't liked this part of the world for a decade.........
You are aware that FIFA and UEFA aren't actually the same thing, right?

Also, Qatar got the World Cup because they gave those in power a SHIT LOAD of money. The middle eastern owners of football clubs, like City, PSG etc aren't giving those at UEFA shit loads of money, they're spending the money on their own teams.

You're also twisting what I said to try and make it seem absurd, I never said UEFA haven't liked "this part of the world" for a decade, I said there had been intense distruct of that part of the world for ther last decade, IN GENERAL. Given Iraq, ISIS, 9/11, Syria, Gaza etc I'd suggest I was underselling it if anything. To suggest that UEFA's views aren't coloured by the world view is clearly wrong.

CFC were already well under way climbing the greasy pole before Roman appeared. All Abramovitch did was, in Garry Cook's words, or was it KoolHand Khaldoon, to 'accelerate development'! Matthew Harding was going to do a much better job at The Bridge than D Levy seems to be doing at The Lane. With City, we were still looking over our shoulders at the trapdoor and breathing heavily when we got to forty points, and we were the first from abject tatty clothes (didn't want to use the word rags) to riches. The venom within England has not been as bad as it has within Europe, and we can see the several outcomes of that over the last four seasons. Remember the sneer when we were first pulled out of the draw at a CL shindig?

squirtyflower said:
andrewmswift said:

I think not sending maicon off in the roma game was as bad but at least we got a penalty

Matty said:
The cookie monster said:
George Hannah said:
You are aware that FIFA and UEFA aren't actually the same thing, right?

Also, Qatar got the World Cup because they gave those in power a SHIT LOAD of money. The middle eastern owners of football clubs, like City, PSG etc aren't giving those at UEFA shit loads of money, they're spending the money on their own teams.

You're also twisting what I said to try and make it seem absurd, I never said UEFA haven't liked "this part of the world" for a decade, I said there had been intense distruct of that part of the world for ther last decade, IN GENERAL. Given Iraq, ISIS, 9/11, Syria, Gaza etc I'd suggest I was underselling it if anything. To suggest that UEFA's views aren't coloured by the world view is clearly wrong.
Its what they do. They can't prove an argument wrong so they try to make the individual seem foolish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.