So whos next after sergio aguero ?

Soulboy said:
Three more signings to come.

A goalkeeper... a central midfielder (Sneijder)... and a wide player (Cerci)...

If Nasri does become available SOON, then he will take one of those positions above.

I think it will be a goalkeeper and a CM, with either Nasri or Douglas Costa from Shaktar Donestk being the options over Sneijder. I think Costa would be a good option as well. Had 2 goals and 3 assists in 8 starts and 2 sub appearances in the CL last year but not sure how he would handle the PL given he's Brazilian. :)

The winger will only be an option if neither SWP or Weiss make the cut.

macmanson said:
Soulboy said:
Three more signings to come.

A goalkeeper... a central midfielder (Sneijder)... and a wide player (Cerci)...

If Nasri does become available SOON, then he will take one of those positions above.

I think it will be a goalkeeper and a CM, with either Nasri or Douglas Costa from Shaktar Donestk being the options over Sneijder. I think Costa would be a good option as well. Had 2 goals and 3 assists in 8 starts and 2 sub appearances in the CL last year but not sure how he would handle the PL given he's Brazilian. :)

The winger will only be an option if neither SWP or Weiss make the cut.

We already have 2 goalkeepers pluss one on trial. It will either be sneijder or Nasri. Signing aguero will send a message out and turn players heads. It's going to be like watching the Harlem globetrotters!!! :) :) :)

zangatangring said:
Reason said:
It should be a creative midfielder, no doubt about it. City definitely need much more creativity up front, and neither Silva nor YaYa can really provide it.

If you ask me, it was a higher priority to signing Aguero or even an AM like Nasri, who in my view was the best player in the premiership last year. It shouldn't be about the names but actual needs and putting the puzzle together correctly.

Wow, can you please direct me to his best premier league performance? I want to decide once and for all the disparity in talent between him and Pastore.

In reference to creativity, I totally agree with you. When Yaya and Silva don't play we're devoid of magic.

I wasn't talking about a single match, nor is that really the matter here -- everyone has their own favourites, it's not an exact science.

When it comes to creativity, I am convinced that City's potent striker force would relish having a creative midfielder around... I don't understand why Mancini, who is doing the right thing and building a young, talented squad doesn't go for someone like Pjanic, over whom Liverpool, Tottenham and Lazio are apparently fighting and who costs but a fraction of what the other, "more experienced" ones do (£10 million).

I think we're light up front myself. Tevez, RSC, Ade & Bellamy will all likely leave in some capacity

Guidetti & Bob Jr probably aren't good enough just yet (or at all) to make a major impact.

That would leave Serge, Balotelli, Dzeko, Alex Chomondly-Nimley, plus Silva at an absolute push depending on your perspective (he's down on the OS as a Midfielder).

Really we could do with One or Two more.

Manx Blue said:
I think we're light up front myself. Tevez, RSC, Ade & Bellamy will all likely leave in some capacity

Guidetti & Bob Jr probably aren't good enough just yet (or at all) to make a major impact.

That would leave Serge, Balotelli, Dzeko, Alex Chomondly-Nimley, plus Silva at an absolute push depending on your perspective (he's down on the OS as a Midfielder).

Really we could do with One or Two more.

Guidetti #4, Harry Bunn #5.

Unless the trialist keeper is taken on we defo need back up keeper.

Moving on to the main areas of the team, IMO it will be one of the following

Nasri - we all know about and have talked this transfer to death.
Sneijder - almost as much said as Nasri but suspect this deal will always be Tevez going in opposite direction , cue links because we play Inter over weekend bound to be speculation.
Lavezzi - always thought he would be Tevez's direct replacement but nothing in the ether on him at the moment and has gone quiet, would be able to fill the wide role as well.
Mata - David Silva's best mate could act as cover but also play together again long thread on his attributes.
Diarra - Again either part and parcel of swap deal for Ade as cover in defensive midfield position either NDJ or Barry area.
Cerci - Just fast wide player whom Bert admires.

I suspect the Sneijder transfer is interlinked with the Nasri deal and to some extent maybe Mata deal as well. The Lavezzi deal is pobably held up because Tevez hasn't gone which may be held up because of Sneijder/Nasri deal.

The one I like is Ade to Real Madrid with Diarra coming the other way but that then limits the squad to just signing Nasri/Sneijder or Mata means we would only have three strikers going into new season and we know Bert wants four. I think next signing is going to take a bit more time and suspect season will have kicked off before we find out which isn't great but those are my thoughts.

Rammyblues said:
Unless the trialist keeper is taken on we defo need back up keeper.

Moving on to the main areas of the team, IMO it will be one of the following

Nasri - we all know about and have talked this transfer to death.
Sneijder - almost as much said as Nasri but suspect this deal will always be Tevez going in opposite direction , cue links because we play Inter over weekend bound to be speculation.
Lavezzi - always thought he would be Tevez's direct replacement but nothing in the ether on him at the moment and has gone quiet, would be able to fill the wide role as well.
Mata - David Silva's best mate could act as cover but also play together again long thread on his attributes.
Diarra - Again either part and parcel of swap deal for Ade as cover in defensive midfield position either NDJ or Barry area.
Cerci - Just fast wide player whom Bert admires.

I suspect the Sneijder transfer is interlinked with the Nasri deal and to some extent maybe Mata deal as well. The Lavezzi deal is pobably held up because Tevez hasn't gone which may be held up because of Sneijder/Nasri deal.

The one I like is Ade to Real Madrid with Diarra coming the other way but that then limits the squad to just signing Nasri/Sneijder or Mata means we would only have three strikers going into new season and we know Bert wants four. I think next signing is going to take a bit more time and suspect season will have kicked off before we find out which isn't great but those are my thoughts.

I agree with you about the Diarra - Adebayor swap.

If Real can't find the money for Ade, then take Diarra as an exchange.

We need another midfielder with Vieira gone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.