So whos next after sergio aguero ?

Any votes for Moussa Sissoko? We've been strongly linked to him along with the Dippers, very Vieira-esque and has the "New Vieira" billing in France.

Rammyblues said:
Unless the trialist keeper is taken on we defo need back up keeper.

Moving on to the main areas of the team, IMO it will be one of the following

Nasri - we all know about and have talked this transfer to death.
Sneijder - almost as much said as Nasri but suspect this deal will always be Tevez going in opposite direction , cue links because we play Inter over weekend bound to be speculation.
Lavezzi - always thought he would be Tevez's direct replacement but nothing in the ether on him at the moment and has gone quiet, would be able to fill the wide role as well.
Mata - David Silva's best mate could act as cover but also play together again long thread on his attributes.
Diarra - Again either part and parcel of swap deal for Ade as cover in defensive midfield position either NDJ or Barry area.
Cerci - Just fast wide player whom Bert admires.

I suspect the Sneijder transfer is interlinked with the Nasri deal and to some extent maybe Mata deal as well. The Lavezzi deal is pobably held up because Tevez hasn't gone which may be held up because of Sneijder/Nasri deal.

The one I like is Ade to Real Madrid with Diarra coming the other way but that then limits the squad to just signing Nasri/Sneijder or Mata means we would only have three strikers going into new season and we know Bert wants four. I think next signing is going to take a bit more time and suspect season will have kicked off before we find out which isn't great but those are my thoughts.

Very good post, I like it. I'll leave the creative midfielder because the dream of Pastore seems too far fetched (believe me though, he'd be immense!) and nasri is the realistic idea.

I've always thought the imminent goalie signing was a no brainer. It's probably 70-80% Timo Hildebrand. I'm sure Tevez will stay for as long as he's up to scratch. The diarra suggestion is very very probable. It's just I see Mancini going for completely unexpected signings this window. I'd say Sandro (from tottenham) is an excellent candidate. He was defensively sound in the champions league. HE'd be a clear defensive improvement on Barry. Cerci seems like a really scary decision. He's been used for AJ's role. AJ was doing it pretty effectively as an impact sub....

The Guardian reporting that according to French radio NASRI may well be next through the doors...........Whoopee!!<br /><br />-- Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:11 pm --<br /><br />
ShaLaLaLaSummerbee said:
The Guardian reporting that according to French radio NASRI may well be next through the doors...........Whoopee!!
Source copied and pasted from Guardian web apge
"Aguero is Diego Maradona's son-in-law! Which surely means that if the 23-year-old completes his move to Manchester then we can expect many action-packed visits from everyone's favourite rabble-rousing former football genius. And just in case City still don't put on enough entertainment, they are also, according to French radio reports, on the verge of signing Samir Nasri. Now, just think of Arsene Wenger's reaction to that development and say if you still think Mancini is no fun."

ShaLaLaLaSummerbee said:
The Guardian reporting that according to French radio NASRI may well be next through the doors...........Whoopee!!

-- Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:11 pm --

ShaLaLaLaSummerbee said:
Source copied and pasted from Guardian web apge
"Aguero is Diego Maradona's son-in-law! Which surely means that if the 23-year-old completes his move to Manchester then we can expect many action-packed visits from everyone's favourite rabble-rousing former football genius. And just in case City still don't put on enough entertainment, they are also, according to French radio reports, on the verge of signing Samir Nasri. Now, just think of Arsene Wenger's reaction to that development and say if you still think Mancini is no fun."

The problem is, Nasri is dichotomous. On this forum, some say he's world class, some say he's good. With Pastore, practically everyone says he's world class. I don't want city to be a very good team; I want them to be the best.

Btw, Sandro is my revelation in regards to A solid defensive partner for De jong. He'd be immense.

Nasri would be a fantastic signing and exactly what we need, but if Wenger is stubborn enough to lose him on a free I think he'll go to the RAGs.

marshall92 said:
Nasri would be a fantastic signing and exactly what we need, but if Wenger is stubborn enough to lose him on a free I think he'll go to the RAGs.

'''''apparently''''' he doesnt want to go to the rags but we will see eh :)

hesherehesthere said:
A centre half, surely?

With Savic in the fold and Toure returning in a few months, I would be shocked if we bought another CB, unless it was an academy talent. Kompany and Lescott handle the league matches and UCL with Savic and Boyata/Micah handling cup duties in-front of Hart if we need to give Komp or Lescott a day off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.