Soccer Saturday Sackings

Good, they're shite.

Thompson always watching the Liverpool game rather than his own and Le Tissier doing the same with Southampton.

Problem is they'll replace them with PC shite for the sake of it. Probably promote Clinton Morrison.

The whole format is dead. It was an improvement on Ceefax and a bit of an upgrade from the radio but the world has chnaged - People get thier updates from Twitter and can also see footage rather than Thompson and the rest try to explain what's going

Just fuck it off completley. Although, I haven't watched it for years so it really doesn't effect me one way or the other

I'm quietly chuckling here, I know it's their livelihood and all that, but they were all fucking shite....not that I watched it often

The whole format is dead. It was an improvement on Ceefax and a bit of an upgrade from the radio but the world has chnaged - People get thier updates from Twitter and can also see footage rather than Thompson and the rest try to explain what's going

Just fuck it off completley. Although, I haven't watched it for years so it really doesn't effect me one way or the other

It was great to start with, but they went too far down the “bantz” road.

Why can’t they just describe the game and add any insight they can (obviously not much with those 3, although Le Tiss wasn’t too bad).

If something funny happens, then have a laugh about it, not try to make a joke out of any situation And behave like schoolboys laughing at any small mistake any of their colleagues make.

Why can’t they just describe the game and add any insight they can (obviously not much with those 3, although Le Tiss wasn’t too bad).

If something funny happens, then have a laugh about it, not try to make a joke out of any situation And behave like schoolboys laughing at any small mistake any of their colleagues make.
I haven't watched it for years, but it sounds like what happens to a lot of TV shows. Everyone likes the banter, then the producers realise that's what everyone likes, and try to manufacture it, which comes across as fake. Top Gear being the most obvious example, but also stuff like Big Brother too.

I agree that it's kinda redundant as a format now, but let's be honest, so is an entire channel dedicated just to sports news probably.

The problem was that they all got older and made no attempt to keep up. So initially, they knew most of the players as they'd played with them, or coached them, or knew people who knew them, so could just about pretend to know something. But then that generation retired and a new generation came in, then another, and none of them made any attempt to keep up, so had nothing to offer except over the top reactions, acting like morons and laughing at shit banter

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.