Solitude

I would love to travel on my own. Wow imagine being able to tour the whole of Europe and see what ever you wanted to see without having to appease someone else.
Just do and go where the feck you like. I am in totall envy of people who can do this.

Do you not because you feel unable to or, at present, you are unable to because of where your life is?

I no longer talk to the patronising **** but this bell end in a pub started sneering because I’d had 36 hours alone in Berlin before heading to meet the gang in Denmark. As we live all over, we make our own way to destinations. He was like “I couldn’t go on holiday on me own, me. Wouldn’t do that, me.” Say that to yourself in a high pitched camp whine.

After last nights fireworks, pointless parties and 80's has been musicians it got me thinking...does anyone here actually like peace, tranquillity and above all spending time in their own company ?

I like nothing more than to sit in the garden, book in one hand, glass of something in the other and just relax, on my own. No noises save for nature, no people, just me and my brain.

Anyone else?

Some time before I retired, but time for older FOCs than me to retire, I remember them telling me that the thing they would miss would be the constant conversations in the workplace. I retorted it was the lack of these that I was looking for. I had three years on my own before Mrs Ewing retired. 'Nothing like peace and quiet!

I used to love to be surrounded by people early on in my life but circumstances and some design has lead me to a solitude but not lonely life,so long as i have the cat and twats to talk to on the tinterweb i'm perfectly fine

Some time before I retired, but time for older FOCs than me to retire, I remember them telling me that the thing they would miss would be the constant conversations in the workplace. I retorted it was the lack of these that I was looking for. I had three years on my own before Mrs Ewing retired. 'Nothing like peace and quiet!
Especially right after Christmas.

It's underated

I would love to travel on my own. Wow imagine being able to tour the whole of Europe and see what ever you wanted to see without having to appease someone else.
Just do and go where the feck you like. I am in totall envy of people who can do this.
Me too, sounds like my idea of a trip that

the op has just described my love of fishing,peace and quiet,working in a concrete jungle surrounded by smell and noise,there is nothing better than the tranquillity of a quiet lake,no cars,no people,no smells ,the only noise is the noise of nature .

Same here. I retire in 9 months and then I'll leave the rat race behind and, health permitting, spend every summer I've got left on the bank and a large part of every winter travelling and fishing abroad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.