some off the squad think trainning is to intense

One of the selling points behind the training regime is supposedly a reduced risk of player injury, particularly muscle injuries.

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
Marvin said:
Blackburn's squad was regarded as the fittest in the Premiership.

Yesterday's result should have shocked no one. Take the few stars out of City's team and we are left with very average and mis-matched players

It took Martin O'Neill 3 seasons to produce a decent team. Hughes imherited a weak team, and has had literally days to strengthen it. And in the meantime the old players have had half a season of constant speculation as to who will be replacing them. Even players like Dunne, Richards and Hart are enduring speculation about new signings replacing them

Hughes needs time. What I have heard suggests to me that the problems are coming from key players who created problems for the last manager which he chose to ignore.

At least half the league has squads of 'very average players'. The only difference being that they don't have the 'few stars' mentioned. Yet even without these stars they are producing better results than Hughes and his star laden squad.

Also, Paul Ince, Sammy Lee, Sam Alladyce, Chris Hutchings and several others had the same amount of time as Hughes to mould their squad, their weaker squads, as Hughes has.

They took their team's to a relegation battle - they got sacked. They did not bleat about all the players being a special type of bastard or that they can only work if they are allowed to bring in a new squad that is worth millions more than most other squads.

And guess what, the new managers that came in managed to get more out of the existing squad than the manager's that had taken them to the brink of the relegation zone.
Star-laden squad? You mean Robinho and SWP, and possibly Kompany who is having to play out of position, because of the sheer inadequacy of our current midfield

City are in transition, and it would be daft to rip it up and start again, otherwise we will never get to were we want to be. The first sign of trouble, and we'll be back to square one.

I have some criticisms of our play such as Sturridge at left wing, and Elano being selected full-stop.

footballers nowadays are fucking fairies! they need to pull their fingers out and get on with it! bloody hell, never heard so much moan from 50 grand + players. Getting their ladies to ring in sick for them awww pity lol!

If we can all lose our obsession with how much footballers earn and look at this logically then things will become clearer.

It appears that Hughes and our squad are largely incompatible. Now, some of you seem to think that we should give Hughes X amount of time to buy players he can work with yet this isnt the answer at all. A good man manager can get the best out of playboys and humble everymen alike. The fact Hughes can only motivate or work with one kind of player simply shows how limited he is as a manager, some would say person.

Look at Ferguson, we may as well considering the fact that most people who rate Hughes do so on the assumption that he learned from him, he gets the best out of humble players like Scholes, utter cretins like Gay Nev and arrogant tossers like Cuntona. Would the rags have had any success at all if Ferguson could only coach ONE kind of player?

LEE BRADBURY said:
I believe we are now using similar training methods as used by Bayern ****** and Real Madrid so they must work,

Is this the same Real Madrid that Beckham blamed for his reduced fitness levels when playing for England?

Bloody Hell - you mean they're expected to turn up more than once a week? No wonder they look knackered on match days. On their money can't they get someone to train for them so that they can be nice and refreshed for the yearly relegation battle. Should get some good results now they don't have to turn up for any cup games ----if only they'd cocked up the European campaign they could have been even more refreshed uuuuurm shouldn't have pointed that one out ---still don't suppose most of them can read anyway
dchitz said:
LEE BRADBURY said:
I have heard that some senior squad players have a problem with MH training methods and feel they could be contributing to player’s injuries? Some players feel the training is too intense and are finding it tough going, they are feeling tired and lethargic prior to matches?

It could explain some of the performances off late? I believe we are now using similar training methods as used by Bayern ****** and Real Madrid so they must work, these training methods seem to have caused of a lot of bad feeling in our dressing room though, one star player is regularly over looked because he never performs in training which the fans don’t see.

I heard one player got his missus to phone MH to say he had a cold, and the club sent some one around his house.

Maybe some of these players simply are not up to it, that might explain the don’t give a shit attitude that some off them have, so basically they are trying to stitch MH up and hope he gets the sack, get the nice easy training routines of old back.

I think there could be some truth in this.

All the more reason to get behind our manager

Read a similar story mate but its interesting too note that swp and stevie have been two of our best players and both praised his methods so what gives???

LEE BRADBURY said:
I heard one player got his missus to phone MH to say he had a cold, and the club sent some one around his house.

If this i true how can we expect this player to give his all on matchdays. It's pathetic. Why not say "Boss - I need to have a word with you about our training regime"? rather than hide behind your wifes skirts and feign illness.

After the wife had put down the phone did she run and get her hubby 20 ciggies?

The fact that quite a few of the players smoke might be why they are "fagged out" after training.

Yesterday Hamann looked like a 36 year old with a smoking habit - dragging his half fit old bones round the pitch dreaming of when he could have his next fix. An he's not the only one.

And I am not anti smoking - I am a realist.

Stick with the training - ditch the deadwood - act like proffessional footballers ffs.

TheMightyQuinn said:
If we can all lose our obsession with how much footballers earn and look at this logically then things will become clearer.

It appears that Hughes and our squad are largely incompatible. Now, some of you seem to think that we should give Hughes X amount of time to buy players he can work with yet this isnt the answer at all. A good man manager can get the best out of playboys and humble everymen alike. The fact Hughes can only motivate or work with one kind of player simply shows how limited he is as a manager, some would say person.

Look at Ferguson, we may as well considering the fact that most people who rate Hughes do so on the assumption that he learned from him, he gets the best out of humble players like Scholes, utter cretins like Gay Nev and arrogant tossers like Cuntona. Would the rags have had any success at all if Ferguson could only coach ONE kind of player?
A good post that mate and you make a very interesting point.

You are right this could be compatibility issue, one of the reasons MH was appointed as manager of gods own club was that some thought (including me), he could get that little bit more out of very average players on a small transfer budget, it was a reasonable assumption to make based on his time as Blackburn manager, basically he was qualified for the job, expectation was nothing more than a top 6 Finnish,

Virtually over night we become the wealthiest club on the planet with different expectations’ that alone was not really a problem because most of us know this is a season of transition, so nothing more than consolidation was expected

Suddenly world class players from all over the planet are starting to arrive at Coms, requiring a more cosmopolitan way of being managed, maybe MH only knows one way to manage, and one type of player to manage and this is causing problems.

I still believe he should be given until the end of the season at the very least, but I am not convinced he can take us on to that next level based on what I have seen so far, and players we are being linked with like RSC, Craig Bellamy makes me think that MH wants to stay in his comfort zone,.

I heard a interesting comment from someone with Blackburn connections just after it was announced that MH was coming to City, i asked him what he thought of him as a manager, and was told "he will get them fit" and that was all, no other positives or words of encouragement..

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
Total speculation, rumour and 'I heard this' bollocks.

Also completely absolves the management team from any responsibility for our shocking results and performances once again.

What makes you think that this squad of players is somehow so different to every other squad of players in the country and are suddenly the only bunch of wankers who cannot hack it and do not care?

The odds on them being this way, opposite to every other football team, and at the same time being quite happy to flush their own careers down the pan are a lot, lot longer than it just being that the management team have failed in getting their management techniques to get anything like maximum performance from thier players.

This must be the first instance in history where people see good/average players not performing on mass and buy into the ridiculous theory that they must all be wankers or not up to and it's nothing to do with the manager.

When exactly does it become his responsibility then? When he is able to replace half the squad? What other manager's in history have had this luxary?

No other squad is facing a 50%+ replacement! This heap of shit was even worse under Sven in the 2nd half of the year. We will not move forward until we get rid of all the deadwood. The better they play the more points we accumualte the more likely they are to be replaced with far better players, hence the more vulnerable don't perform week in and week out. Occassionaly the better players make up for their inadequacies.

I am fed up with nucleus of the old team holding us to ransom and hope they get their just deserts soon - a good bloody burning.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.