Some on here would just torch the f*****

You would have heard my missus scream from here.
No way would she have gone anyway near the car, let alone try to flick it.

Isn’t it true that most deaths involving spiders in Oz are caused by people dying in car crashes because of them?

Last edited:
I don't understand the hatred towards spiders. It's a bit of an unfair fight, slamming your size ten boot on them, or whatever.

In the interests of, erm, scientific research, I had a big black hairy spider living under my tumble dryer. I didn't see what harm it was doing, so I left it alone. It popped itself out when it wanted to, and when I approached, it scurried away. That went on for about 12 months or so, then one day, it didn't scurry away. It ambled. The following day, it didn't move at all. It was quite dead.

I remember another occasion when I was in my kitchen, and a fly had been caught in a web that had been weaved overnight. What was fascinating about it was seeing the spider running at top speed across the wall to grab its meal, and enveloping the doomed fly. I watched it for a while, and later, when I went back in, the spider had gone, but half the fly remained, still dangling in the web. Will it leave the half eaten remains alone, or come back and finish off the job?

The following morning, I'm pleased to report, the half eaten remains of the fly had been well and truly turned into soup and had completely disappeared.

Fascinating things, insects, if a spider is an insect.

Last edited:
I don't understand the hatred towards spiders. It's a bit of an unfair fight, slamming your size ten boot on them, or whatever.

In the interests of, erm, scientific research, I had a big black hairy spider living under my tumble dryer. I didn't see what harm it was doing, so I left it alone. It popped itself out when it wanted to, and when I approached, it scurried away. That went on for about 12 months or so, then one day, it didn't scurry away. It ambled. The following day, it didn't move at all. It was quite dead.

I remember another occasion when I was in my kitchen, and a fly had been caught in a web that had been weaved overnight. What was fascinating about it was seeing the spider running at top speed across the wall to grab its meal, and enveloping the doomed fly. I watched it for a while, and later, when I went back in, the spider had gone, but half the fly remained, still dangling in the web. Will it leave the half eaten remains alone, or come back and finish off the job?

The following morning, I'm pleased to report, the half eaten remains of the fly had been well and truly turned into soup and had completely disappeared.

To be fair, I agree with you as a U.K. resident. There is absolutely zero threat from spiders to us.

Australian spiders are a little bit more worrisome. Not nearly enough to provoke such a reaction in the video, but Australian wildlife is brutal.

Isn’t it true that most deaths involving spiders in Oz are caused by people dying in car crashes because of them?
Haha probably
I remember reading about a guy in Brisbane he was driving to work one morning, suddenly the sun was in his eyes so he pull down the sun visor.
There was huntsman spider behind it and it fell on his lap.
He freaked and Caused a four car smash :)

To be fair, I agree with you as a U.K. resident. There is absolutely zero threat from spiders to us.

Australian spiders are a little bit more worrisome. Not nearly enough to provoke such a reaction in the video, but Australian wildlife is brutal.
Yes, they do have a lot of poisonous things down under, but they don't have to worry about other wildlife that can kill that exist in other parts of the world as well. They aren't in a unique position. We are fortunate that here in the UK we don't really have any wildlife that can kill us. The odd cow can go on a rampage, but that's about as bad as it gets.

Last edited:

Do you live in a cave?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.