Some things never change. Police apologise for their lies

Prestwich_Blue

When Brighton hosted Crystal Palace the Sussex Police were highly critical of the Palace fans, claiming that weapons (including knives and knuckledusters) were recovered from some of those fans. They've now admitted this report, while made in "good faith" was completely fabricated.

How on earth can a pack of lies be told "in good faith"? These corrupt, lying bastards are conducting a war against football fans of which Hillsborough was the most blatant lie but far from the only one.

When Brighton hosted Crystal Palace the Sussex Police were highly critical of the Palace fans, claiming that weapons (including knives and knuckledusters) were recovered from some of those fans. They've now admitted this report, while made in "good faith" was completely fabricated.

How on earth can a pack of lies be told "in good faith"? These corrupt, lying bastards are conducting a war against football fans of which Hillsborough was the most blatant lie but far from the only one.
Utter disgrace if true .This should be took forward to relevant members of parliament by both clubs.....Hillsboro years on and still football fans are treated like this

When you're a football fan you cease to become a member of the public and are therefore
not entitled to the same rights.

I've looked at the Sussex police site and, sure enough, the "apology" is there. In good faith, officers reported finding weapons, but they turned out to be a crisp packet, and a sausage roll.(I made that last bit up). Just the usual lies.

They are and always will be lying twats...I said at the time I found it hard to believe any football fan not even the biggest fuckwits who still wish it was the 70s and 80s would even consider taking a weapon to the football nowadays.....the way It was reported was as if they'd found a number of supporters carrying weapons....bullshitters

It is true as they've issued an official apology to both clubs.
How about an apology to all the fans who were mistreated and some proper compensation for their ruined day.
Then the Force should also have to answer to the Police Commissioner about why they have cost the tax payer so much more than necessary.

No doubt they'll be thrilled with the 3rd round draw then. Bigger allocation and sounds like it will be a Monday night too

Stewards from both clubs were injured by brawling fans before and after the match. Fact.
Palace had a large group deliberately arrive late for the game seeking trouble. Fact.
I know fans from Brighton and Palace. Trouble was expected and trouble was planned. The police were absolutely 100% correct in stating that Palace fans were intent on causing trouble. They were. They did.
The police issued a statement in haste. And were clearly wrong. But let’s not get caught up in the Prestwich Blue utter hyperbolic (hyperbollocks) nonsense that the police are, to quote him, “conducting a war against football fans”. Really? A war? Get a grip. The police in this country do an excellent job in ensuring match day is now a relatively peaceful event. They, the police, have been absolutely instrumental in making the footballing day a much better, safer and enjoyable one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.