Someone might be getting in trouble at Ebookers....

feedthegoat27

Oslo - LA, First class return flight for £330.

5-12th October.....ebookers.com.

Can only assume a massive error somewhere, fill your boots Blues :)

£331.09

Select

Expand Collapse Flight details

Mon, 5 Oct
Select this departure Total time: 16hr 30min

Depart

08:05

Oslo , Norway

Oslo Airport (OSL)

Stop 1

09:25

London , United Kingdom

Heathrow Airport (LHR)

Change planes. Layover: 2hr 50min

Flight 7317 Operated by British Airways

US Airways 7317

First

Airbus A319

734 mi | 2hr 20min

Depart

12:15

London , United Kingdom

Heathrow Airport (LHR)

Arrive

15:35

Los Angeles, California , United States

Los Angeles Int'l (LAX)

Flight 109 Operated by American Airlines

US Airways 109

First

Boeing 777

5,454 mi | 11hr 20min

Mon, 12 Oct
Select this return Total time: 14hr 15min

Depart

21:30

Los Angeles, California , United States

Los Angeles Int'l (LAX)

Stop 1

16:00

London , United Kingdom

Heathrow Airport (LHR)

Change planes. Layover: 1hr 35min

Flight 7130 Operated by British Airways

US Airways 7130

First

Airbus A380

5,454 mi | 10hr 30min

Depart

17:35

London , United Kingdom

Heathrow Airport (LHR)

Arrive

20:45

Oslo , Norway

Oslo Airport (OSL)

Flight 7316 Operated by British Airways

US Airways 7316

First

Airbus A319

734 mi | 2hr 10min

Arrives Tue, 13 Oct (1 day later).

You'd be surprised. The oil price means that flights are stupidly cheap atm. I went to Canada from Vietnam for £700 return a few weeks ago, and I thought that was a massive bargain. Just checked again for this summer and the same flight is £550 return. 3 years ago, it was £1200.

I'm With Stupid said:
You'd be surprised. The oil price means that flights are stupidly cheap atm. I went to Canada from Vietnam for £700 return a few weeks ago, and I thought that was a massive bargain. Just checked again for this summer and the same flight is £550 return. 3 years ago, it was £1200.

Bit different if as the OP states, these are FIRST CLASS tickets!

Checked out a flight Dublin to NY via Heathrow £363 yet if I go from Heathrow to NY on the same flight it's £750!! How the hell does that work, this was on skyscanners

Blue Maverick said:
Checked out a flight Dublin to NY via Heathrow £363 yet if I go from Heathrow to NY on the same flight it's £750!! How the hell does that work, this was on skyscanners

Every airline sells cheaper outside its own market. If you looked at Lufthansa you could get a cheaper flight from London via Frankfurt than you could from Frankfurt. It's nothing to do with distance flown it's about persuading people to use your services, and when there is a direct option, in order to do so you have to undercut.

What you can't do is buy the flights from the third country and just use the long haul sectors, it's treated as a no show and all sectors cancelled.

This one will he an error, whether from ebookers or (more likely I think) BA themselves. Ebookers will have what are called Cat 35 fare filings that will originate from BA themselves and appear in their system directly. Mistakes happen, basically. There's no way on earth you'd ever have a first class ticket at that price, it looks if anything like an ID90 fare that's somehow gone into the live system.

If it is advertised at that though do they not have to sell it at that price mistake or not ?

If you want that flight and have not gone through with it yet screenshot it for proof.

TCIB said:
If it is advertised at that though do they not have to sell it at that price mistake or not ?

If you want that flight and have not gone through with it yet screenshot it for proof.

Only if you complete the booking at the time, not afterwards. Airline inventory is live, and prices go up and down constantly. If you print a screenshot and show it to them, the answer is well, you should have booked it then, dopey.

It's no different to a shop offering something at the wrong price. When you go to the till you are making an offer to pay which they can either accept or decline. They absolutely do not have to accept once they realise the mistake. But once they have, then there's no going back, you've entered into a contract with them.

Can someone in the know clarify what travel class 'O' is?

Basically, I found that flight on the fly.com search engine late last night. It was 4th-11th October through the budgetair website (I only found the ebookers ones after), so I bought it and have since received the booking confirmation and the E-ticket. It says I can check in 3 pieces of luggage, which is in line with standard first class allowance.

I know they've fucked up, and I've taken advantage, but what are my rights if they try and fob me off with an economy ticket? Bearing in mind I have all the confirmation saying I'm travelling as a first class passenger.

Any help much appreciated as I fear I'm gonna get shafted!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.