Someone please save Bernardo

I hope he stays and regains his form. I am firmly in the camp believing that he was very badly effected by the disgraceful affair earlier in the season. fwiw I think the whole thing was little to do with racism and all to do with derailing City and taking the opportunity to unsettle who at the time was expected to be one of our best players of the season.

He would in my view be perfectly reasonable were he to take the view of "you can stuff the League and your stupid country" and go elsewhere because those events earlier in the season will always leave an unwarranted stain on him.

He was thrown under the bus to suit two narratives. I personally would be having non of it and would be off.

It would help if our “supporters” did what we are supposed to do and support him.
Clearly he was affected by the maelstrom of negative media following his ill advised tweet. Pep supported him but many of our own criticised him and Pep for his personal defence of him.
He made a mistake, we’ve all made plenty, probably this post is another of my personal mistakes but if anyone thinks Bernardo is an actual racist they have not been watching his interaction with his teammates or know his history.
He has served his time which included a ban, fine and education but it will be his form that has hurt him and ironically the team and us the most.
Next season when we get back into the stadium we must ensure he knows he is appreciated and then we see the return to form of this excellent (because that what he he is) and hard working footballer.
If we can’t help him move on I can only see him having to move on and that would be an absolute travesty as he will not short of suitors

I hope he stays and regains his form. I am firmly in the camp believing that he was very badly effected by the disgraceful affair earlier in the season. fwiw I think the whole thing was little to do with racism and all to do with derailing City and taking the opportunity to unsettle who at the time was expected to be one of our best players of the season.

He would in my view be perfectly reasonable were he to take the view of "you can stuff the League and your stupid country" and go elsewhere because those events earlier in the season will always leave an unwarranted stain on him.

He was thrown under the bus to suit two narratives. I personally would be having non of it and would be off.
This is exactly what I think. Any opportunity to put the skids under anything City and when you can tack it on to a racist slur all the better.

Strikes me as a sensitive emotional guy, could see that in his reactions when we score when he’s in the stands, shows more unconditional joy than many of the missing fans do when in the ground. The downside is he is not at Monaco now and if he wants to waste his days on social media he is going to expose himself to all the shit directed at the club and more worryingly personal shit about him. I think this has effected his form. Needs to grow a thicker skin or keep off his fukin mobile.

I remember when he helped dismantle us fir Monaco, I remember his first season and we all thought he would replace David when he keft( Phil can fit in too) then the tweet disaster and a season which at best was up and down. From the beginning he has been city through and through( the video of him and bunny and stones and walker in the pub, he obviously is loved by teammates ( he is the worst dresser but loves the banter) , don’t want to lose him , pep needs to do what he can to reinvent him, he is blue to the point of taunting the scouters, city with the real Bernardo would be magic.
Player of the season for me 18/19.

People blaming pep for not playing him need to remember he was the first on team sheet during his best season. Maybe that season he was the most clocked per minute. There’s so much a manager can do but the rest depends on players mentality and performance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.