Someone please save Bernardo

The real Bernardo needs to stand up or hes gone next summer or maybe even Jan. He was daft to send the tweet about Mendy, he has now spent days trying to wind up dippers on Twitter after being knocked out of the CL so he better come back sharp.

His form wasn't great before the original Tweet about Mendy. Anyone would think he was tearing up the League when it happened. He was great in 2018-19 no question about it but 2017-18 and 2019-20 not so much. Would like to see a much better goal return from him. Definitely has the ability. Hoping he comes back firing next season.

He has stopped taking players on , dribbling past opponents , he used to glide past players now he goes for the safe pass , he reminds me of Sterling under Pellegrini , i think its a confidence thing , he is a brilliant player he just need his belief back.
Sadly and I hope I am wrong completely wrong but I think he will leave us if not this summer then next.
Please don't take this the wrong way I'm not anti Pep or anything but for a player as talented as Bernardo to be constantly played out of position and/or constantly be left on the bench must be completely frustrating, 99% of other clubs he would be an automatic starter.
Of course none of us know what Bernardo is thinking but I hope he doesn't leave, I hope he is happy at City, but I fear the worst.
Players like him and Sane do not like sitting on the bench in huge games in my opinion.

He was run into the ground, went all the way to winning the nations league with Portugal so had no break for nearly a year. After a decent rest he’ll be fine

So..2023 then?

There's no break this summer, there's no break next summer and in 2022 it's cut in half because everythings shifting for the winter world cup.

Lets be honest if a break was the thing he needed to revitalise him, he'd have been fantastic after the 3 month Covid break. He wasn't much better than before the break.

Pep screwed him up by chopping and changing him constantly throughout the season. He was our best player last season ffs.

All it is is Pep trying to outsmart himself once again.

So..2023 then?

There's no break this summer, there's no break next summer and in 2022 it's cut in half because everythings shifting for the winter world cup.

Lets be honest if a break was the thing he needed to revitalise him, he'd have been fantastic after the 3 month Covid break. He wasn't much better than before the break.
Well said, he came back from the lock down break looking more tired.

Big season ahead for Bernardo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.