Something I don't get...

NoahCity

Everyone talks about how they are bored over the summer cause of no pro footy, but don't any of you play at all? It's summer which means it is freedom time and I have been playing every day, am I alone in this?

If summer means freedom time then you’re either a teacher, student or a child.

If you’re a child you definitely should not be in the cellar, if you’re a student, get a part-time job you lazy git, and if you’re a teacher, shouldn’t you be marking, I thought teachers had loads of marking to do in the holidays?

Summer for me is the same as the rest of the year minus one key detail; no City. I still play football in the evenings during the week and on Sunday mornings, but I don’t have City to look forward to at the weekend. Therefore it’s worse than the rest of the year.

NoahCity said:
Everyone talks about how they are bored over the summer cause of no pro footy, but don't any of you play at all? It's summer which means it is freedom time and I have been playing every day, am I alone in this?

What is freedom time? Like the school holidays or something?

Anyway, the answer to your question is that most of the old bastards on here nearly have a heart attack on a daily basis attempting to tie their shoe laces.

I think a couple of the younger ones play FIFA sometimes.

NoahCity said:

I'm 38, married and have two kids.
I have a full time job.

Taking the above into consideration, I do not have the time to play football. I was never any good anyway in my youth, so why I would decide to play again, following 20 years of smoking and drinking is beyond all rational thought.

But enjoy your summer hols and good luck when your new term starts in September...

At 29 I think I'd have a difficult time rounding my mates up for a game on the field. My Mrs and kids wouldn't be too impressed if I disappeared for a game of heads and volleys for the day, not to mention my boss.

I'll join you for a game of manhunt if you're still playing out after tea though.

My problem is getting enough mates together to make it worthwhile. Some work full time, some work part time shifts (when the full timers are not working) and some have clingy girlfriends who wont let them out more than once a week

NoahCity said:

Because I'm not 12 years old.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.