Something that's just occured to me...

pominoz said:
ThatBoyNani said:
Erm, fuck off?

Speaking of plastic fans,when did you move from Manchester to Ireland?

An Irish rag,who'd a thunk.

Such an ignorant view to correlate "plastic" fans with location. I'm Irish, I live in Ireland, so I shouldn't be allowed to follow a team in the EPL?

ThatBoyNani said:
pominoz said:

Such an ignorant view to correlate "plastic" fans with location. I'm Irish, I live in Ireland, so I shouldn't be allowed to follow a team in the EPL?
It is a general trend, and the fact you called it the EPL is a little plastic.

To the OP, can't see City getting loads of plastics because we never make it an easy ride, which is what they look for so they can show everyone what an amazing person they are because the team they 'support' wins loads

ThatBoyNani said:
pominoz said:

Why did you pick the scum to follow?,for the glory=plastics.
If you go to the shithole on match day and close your eyes and listen to people talking,you would swear you were in Dublin.

a.woollam said:
ThatBoyNani said:
It is a general trend, and the fact you called it the EPL is a little plastic.

To the OP, can't see City getting loads of plastics because we never make it an easy ride, which is what they look for so they can show everyone what an amazing person they are because the team they 'support' wins loads

There is not a doubt though that we will provide tickets to these fans because they come over and spend a fortune in the club shops.

pominoz said:
ThatBoyNani said:

If you go to the shithole on match day and close your eyes and listen to people talking,you would swear you were in Dublin.

No I did not pick United for glory. I picked them for the same reason most people pick their team - My father supported them. I actually couldn't have supported anyone else.

pominoz said:
ThatBoyNani said:

As im Irish myself i just have to ask are you a Manc or an Aussie ?

vallens said:
pominoz said:

A Manc,hence the username pom in oz.
I have no problem people from overseas supporting English teams,its just the rag ones that come on here telling blues to "fuck off",that shit me.
Plus as an Irishman you must admit that they have a huge Irish following.

pominoz said:
vallens said:

I have no problem people from overseas supporting English teams,its just the rag ones that come on here telling blues to "fuck off",that shit me.

The English game in general,i see a few City fans springing up ine the last 3 years.How would you feel if you saw an Irish invasion in the coming years ? You can be honest.

pominoz said:
vallens said:

He told Viva Ronaldo to fuck off who is another red not a blue.

on the topic... we've acquired fans abroad faster than I thought, and I don't thinkthey're plastics for the most part, I think they're good quality fans - judging from the vlogs and videos of American blues and the posts of Aussies/Yanks/Italians/Scandinavians etc etc on here, their knowledge level is good and their enthusiasm level is good and for all the rush to label people gloryhunters - we haven't actually won a raffle yet, we've got some great players and bags of potential to do so, but that's not the same thing and even people supporting for blatantly those reasons doesn't leave a sour taste in the mouth like it does when stacks of trophies come FIRST. Respect to all overseas fans I say, and tell anyone to GTFO who calls you plastic.

Also, can we stop this myth that there have never been any numbers of City fans outside the north-west prior to our most recent years, 'cos it just isn't true. I'm not pretending there's been huge contingents, but there have always been there. I'm one and I've met others. It's just always tended to be quality rather than quantity ;)

vallens said:
pominoz said:

The English game in general,i see a few City fans springing up ine the last 3 years.How would you feel if you saw an Irish invasion in the coming years ? You can be honest.

There's always gonna be people who oppose that sort of thing and aren't shy of letting other know, unfortunately - I mean, there are quite a few rag fans who still do - and they've had 25+ years to get used to it!

It doesn't actually mean shit because the vast majority are usually okay with it in any given fanbase.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.