Soundbars any good?

Chiefblue

posted on technical forum originally but probably more fruitful here. Feel free to delete from tech.

.......Not sure I wanna spend the earth getting a 7.1 set up and probably wouldn't want the hassle with wires due to having a kid crawling about... so whats peoples experiences/opinions on soundbars?
Any recommendations?

Thanks blues

Davs 19 said:
Irwell said:
If you don't want to pay for 7.1 surround now then what will you do when 4K TVs are the norm with 22.2 surround?

Buy a big fuck off sound bar:)

OP, depending on your budget, Yamaha is the way to go...

around £300. I mean I could go surround (more of a job with wires ect!) but saw these an wondered. Got a decent 3d samsung smart tv but sound quality can seem a bit crappy at times

I recently bought a Bush 150w from Argos for £99.00,should have been £150.00.I was a bit skeptical because i am not overly in to Bush products.I figured speakers are speakers.

Anyway it is stuck under my Plasma replaces a 5.1 surround sound system got sick of all the wires.

verdict.

Obviously not as loud as the 5.1,but still very acceptable.Sound is very good coming through the Spidif supplied.Just looks right sat under the plasma television on the wall.I have it full blast when City play and it is loud enough.

Apparently Yamaha are the mutts nuts when it comes to quality sound-bars.I only found out after buying mine.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Yamaha-YAS1...OD6M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1357782450&sr=8-1

I've got one of these but it's not connected at the moment because I lost the optical lead.

LOGIC3_SOUNDBAR_size_10.jpg

Only 5.1 but it's the bollocks.

I have a yamaha yas 101 with built in sub woofer..nice rich sound and it learns
from your tv remote so you only need the one remote

bluevengence said:
I have a yamaha yas 101 with built in sub woofer..nice rich sound and it learns
from your tv remote so you only need the one remote

Got one of these just before Christmas from Richer Sounds (then reduced to just £179) and it sounds great. Reccomended.

some great advice, the yamaha 101 looks bob on.. I may get that tomorrow if available. Only thing swaying me is I've seen some have bluetooth which means you can stream music from your phone through it... nice addition but pricer. thanks again blues

Defiantly worth the money and is a good replacement if you dont want surround sound but make sure to get a sub woofer with it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.