Southampton (A) Post Match Thread

There were three Southampton 'challenges' in the first half that all won the ball but saw the player go through into the area of the nearest man. On each occasion, our player was facing the approaching tackler and instinctively moved to avoid contact. Had each player stood his ground, it would have been frightfully difficult for Tierney not to have reached into his pocket.

.@sterling7: We had a point to prove for ourselves. We’ve had two difficult results and we wanted to bounce back and we did it brilliantly today. The way we ran on and off the ball was brilliant.

PEP: I don't know how @DeBruyneKev is. I know it's not a big issue but I don't know if he'll be for Thursday.

PEP: We had a good performance, especially in the first 30/35 minutes. 1-3 was a good result but after two defeats, winning was the most important thing.

PEP: @fernandinho deserves to play for us. We know that. Speak with any club in the world and they all have important players and Fernandinho is one of the for us.

Most important thing is a win and three points that leaves us with a chance of getting back in the race by beating Liverpool.

Thing is today illustrated why we will fall short on Thursday. When Southampton scored Liverpool would have been 2 up, the Aguero chance straight to at the keeper would have been stuck away by Salah.

Southampton were a truly awful side who will go down and we made much harder work of things than we should.
I don't know about that. Salah misses goals too .
Can only beat what's in front of you and we did that pretty easily

Phew, generally a very good performance from City despite that 5 minute blip around their goal. I don't understand why we can't have Danilo at left back and Walker at right back? We play Raz and Sane on their wrong sides quite a bit so Pep can't have too much of an issue with that.
I thought Sterling was more like himself today, quick and nippy and looking to get in the box whilst Kun missed a couple before his goal but then came on to a very good performance.
Vinny still diving in and giving away silly fouls and his customary yellow card, could have been a red?
Ederson performed well in terms of saves and passing.
Thought Danilo was good, there was not much got passed him down his side of the pitch.
Great to get back to winning ways, just in time for Thursday.

There were three Southampton 'challenges' in the first half that all won the ball but saw the player go through into the area of the nearest man. On each occasion, our player was facing the approaching tackler and instinctively moved to avoid contact. Had each player stood his ground, it would have been frightfully difficult for Tierney not to have reached into his pocket.

Are you sure about that ?

The result we needed but shame about the goal difference we need to be more clinical Sergio is only converting one in four chances at the moment , but no doubt about his quality though .a;ways in the right goalscoring positions , our crossing into the box still appears hit & hope rather than picking out a player like Bernardo did for the 1st goal. We were not at out fluent best but game time for Merlin,Kun and Dinho a massive plus.

Liked what vinnie said about Thursday, players live for games like Thursday night and every single person in the stadium needs to makes it special. Big night.

Much is made of our atmosphere etc but i will say this. Anfield yesterday was as one screaming for any and every decision and they intimidate the opposition and more importantly officials.

Games like Thursday we need to do the exact same thing.

Much is made of our atmosphere etc but i will say this. Anfield yesterday was as one screaming for any and every decision and they intimidate the opposition and more importantly officials.

Games like Thursday we need to do the exact same thing.
Exactly like the second leg last season against them in the CL. Only difference this time is let’s hope the officials can do their jobs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.