Southampton (A) Post-Match Thread

I’m willing to give Fernandinho some slack, it was his first game back in midfield all year, no where near match sharp for that position.

It might be that his legs are gone but I wouldn’t come to that judgement from one game.

Given that we played on Thursday, and they've had a full days rest you can't really fault the effort of the players. There were one or two lapses in concentration, but aside from Fern who was well below par, nobody really had a stinker. Southampton did their homework, and executed the plan perfectly.

Mariner set the tone early doors with a clear disparity in the way he was refereeing the game. It certainly got under Bernie's skin and you could see Dave and Fern were frustrated. For me, the pitch looked slow, and we couldn't zip our passes round like we usually do. That allowed them to get into their defensive positions quicker, and shut us out.

We tried, but it was not to be.

CTID!

Big difference between us and the cultists is When the scousers are struggling, they hammer the box with cross after cross whipped into specific areas, they don’t have a tall forward line but they get a lot of goals that way as if you put the ball like that the percentages are decent.

when we are struggling we pass the ball around the edge of the box going side to side doing nothing but trickling the clock down until somebody decides to put an aimless ball into the box aimed at nobody it’s cleared then we spend another few minutes doing the same thing.

Did I watch a different game to everyone else?

Looks like we just lost 7-0 to United by the reaction. Why are people so desperate to moan?

The league has been over for months and this was a good chance to rotate before the important games coming up. Can't believe anyone cares in the slightest about the result.

If Doyle and Braaf would of been in the side I would have agreed.

maybe pep could have given minutes to both of them but what is the point the squad players are playing for places or moves for next season so the youth players really don't have to come on ? but southampton defending like it was a world cup final and lady look was still in lock down

Apart from Kev and Phil the rest have been inconsistent and poor this season. Even Aguero has been dire at times. Does that mean they should be shipped away? Of course not. However, we need to look at improving some of those areas and not just our defence.

ive been watching football far too long to worry about this result , on another night half those chances go in and we score nine goals like Leciester did , we need a striker and a centre back , not a rebuild.

Did I watch a different game to everyone else?

Looks like we just lost 7-0 to United by the reaction. Why are people so desperate to moan?

I don't think anyone gives a shit about this game, its the 8 similar defeats that have contributed to a piss poor title defence.

The league has been over for months and this was a good chance to rotate before the important games coming up. Can't believe anyone cares in the slightest about the result.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.