Southampton (A) Post-Match Thread

Kinda meh feeling about it as the cups are the things that matter now.

I'm a great believer that winning in one competition creates a habit of winning across all competitions, in a very good team. I strongly believe that we'll beat Arsenal, because we're a better team right across the board, in every position. United are on a roll, and I'm not sure that we'd beat them at Wembley. Or Chelsea, in fact.
To win the CL, we'll need a measure of simple luck, and dogged determination, as well as our skill. But I seriously have my doubts that we're there yet.

Big difference between us and the cultists is When the scousers are struggling, they hammer the box with cross after cross whipped into specific areas, they don’t have a tall forward line but they get a lot of goals that way as if you put the ball like that the percentages are decent.

when we are struggling we pass the ball around the edge of the box going side to side doing nothing but trickling the clock down until somebody decides to put an aimless ball into the box aimed at nobody it’s cleared then we spend another few minutes doing the same thing.

Big difference is they don’t give goals away. They make teams work for it
We give teams something to hang on to.
We score first tonight we get 5
It’s an ongoing issue though

Mentally weak perhaps. Need a couple of leaders out there.

I’m not sure if it is a mentality issue. These are the same players who got 100 points a few seasons ago and there were plenty of late goals in that campaign.

I just think we haven’t evolved or adapted in attack. There’s no plan b and certain players haven’t kicked on like they should have.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.