Southampton (A) Post-Match Thread

Great effort in a game of attack v defence for 60minutes where we didn’t give up.

In the grand scheme of things it doesn’t really matter. We’ll finish second, we haven’t won the league, this competition is now just about who plays well enough to get in the XIs against Arsenal and Madrid.

If we’d given up I’d be disappointed but we kept going until the death so I’m not complaining.

If three of those many chances went in, we’d be saying how well we played.

As posted above, games are like friendlies now...... we beat dipper and were on song.

Today everybody had sketchy moments, Foden was our most flawless player with only 35 mins played. its about squad rotation and seeing who`s best for the cup runs. worry not!

Well done saints for great unit work.

ive been watching football far too long to worry about this result , on another night half those chances go in and we score nine goals like Leciester did , we need a striker and a centre back , not a rebuild.

Wouldn’t be worried if this wasn’t the 13th time this has happened to us in the PL. We are 23 points off the top. The team needs fresh blood.

Did I watch a different game to everyone else?

Looks like we just lost 7-0 to United by the reaction. Why are people so desperate to moan?

The league has been over for months and this was a good chance to rotate before the important games coming up. Can't believe anyone cares in the slightest about the result.

Some of us care about every result. Losing is always a bad thing.

The reaction on here whenever we lose always looks extreme and there's never any shortage of overreaction but 9 losses is a very bad stat. I am though in the camp that believes that a small improvement would make a huge difference. Doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see some serious freshening up of the team. We are a team in transition with some crucial old guard player gone, going or fading.

I was sitting laughing after Southamptons goal and our chances weren't going in the game had 1-nil all over it !. I enjoyed the game yes would prefer is to win but sometimes it just doesnt happen. Once KDB hit two missed places pass you knew for sure it was our day.

Dont think anyone played particularly bad not great, Garcia was good, I just think Pep made to many changes to the middle field. Fernandinho looked rusty in there as did Bernardo.

I think Pep got the subs timing wrong as we lost momentum.

Other than that one of those days and we move on, we seem to have had alot of those days this season for some reason.

Just seeing the motions through now until it finishes. I expect better in the cups and I'm sure it will be,, can't wait for league to end and I bet the players feel the same

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.