Southampton (A) Post-Match Thread

Pep must take some of the blame. Sterling & Mahrez were the only players who could unlock that defence and he takes them both off with 30 minutes to go, leaving no width. Meanwhile he has three central defenders on the pitch marking one striker. Very strange selection.

I am though in the camp that believes that a small improvement would make a huge difference. Doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see some serious freshening up of the team.

You're talking too much good sense, there.
Agreed, though. Two players of real quality, maybe three at the most. But I mean quality. As for Bernardo and Gabriel — form is temporary, class is permanent. I don't have the slightest doubt that they'll come right back into form next season. I also believe that Rodri will come good next season. Our midfield is still the envy of nearly every other club in the world. Gaby is not a replacement for Kun, of course, and that's a worry. Different kind of player entirely. But it's really difficult to see where you get a replacement for a player like Kun. He has been our greatest ever striker, bar none.

Bad day at the office but it happens too often these days. Defence still keystone cops at times, no pace anymore and powderpuff finishing and wasteful set pieces yet again.

Saints player so well. On another day one or two of our chances in the first half world have gone in and the match would have played.

Felt that the KDB Foden change disrupted the game a bit. It made sense, but we had a great spell just before.
Simply not having "one of those days" or "bad day at the office" excuses anymore
9 PL defeats is niether

I was sitting laughing after Southamptons goal and our chances weren't going in the game had 1-nil all over it !. I enjoyed the game yes would prefer is to win but sometimes it just doesnt happen. Once KDB hit two missed places pass you knew for sure it was our day.

Dont think anyone played particularly bad not great, Garcia was good, I just think Pep made to many changes to the middle field. Fernandinho looked rusty in there as did Bernardo.

I think Pep got the subs timing wrong as we lost momentum.

Other than that one of those days and we move on, we seem to have had alot of those days this season for some reason.
Every team's rusty. Lockdown's a big leveller. We're trying to do the slick passing we normally do, but it's not coming off to the usual percentages and it's understandable even though it's painful to watch. We normally get the rustiness out of the way pre-season. In the last four years, you can count the number of wayward passes in any game on one hand and it's normally two or three at most. I said months ago the season should have been abandoned and the Prem trophy posted to Liverpool in a cardboard box. Having said all that, we created straightforward chance after straightforward chance and should probably have won 6 - 3.

Last edited:
Whipping crosses in for our little diddy men of jesus bernard david and raheem to contest with big defenders smacked of desperation.
We were also guilty of then trying to walk the ball into the net, which infuriates me. Its like we take our training sessions onto the pitch
at times. Lost count of the number of times this season that David Silva will try and make another pass 6 yrds out. F*cking hit the thing.
Don't know what winds me up most Zinchenko playing or the drinks breaks every quarter of the match.
No i'l just stick to hating Danny "jimmy somerville" Murphy tonight, the gimp

Pep Guardiola:

"Really good performance, we played really well, but it was a little bit of a resumen [recap] of the season."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.