Southampton (A) Post-Match Thread

Just a bad day at the office. 74% possesssion, 26 shots, 13 corners but the ball just refused to go in.

Southampton keeper and Stephens were brilliant.

The saddest thing for me, after waiting so long for Fernandinho to start in the middle, was watching him struggle. He is looking his age and clearly Pep has seen it which is why he has been playing him at centre back.

post of the day for me.

very sad seeing fern half a yard short of pace.

these Laporte panic slashes at the ball when he misses it completely are strange. Seem to remember similar mistake against spurs CL quarter final that led to a goal.

We need an Edin or Lewandowski, simples.

It's amazing, Edin was getting so much shit on this forum by the time he left. Not from me, by the way. I just said that his time had come, and that was evident on the pitch. A fine servant to the club, whose race was run. At this club, anyway. Lewandowski, now, that's another matter. Or rather not, because we do not have one cat in hell's chance, there.

There's a new "typical City" emerging that hss to be nipped in the bud. Dominate possession and huff and puff around the opposition box without remotely threatening before committing a catastrophic error at the back. It's happening too often now.

I'm not convinced that a forward line of Sterling, Mahrez and Jesus imposes itself on a game enough to justify continuing with it. Very poor tonight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.