Southampton (A) Post-Match Thread

I said it earlier in the season and I'll say it again, Sane has been a bigger loss than Laporte. The need for natural width couldn't be any clearer, we try and play through the middle of teams and sometimes you need to play around them.

Not arsed about the result at all, Southampton fully deserved the points just for the sheer effort, they might not have our quality but that was a proper team performance tonight. Well done Saints.
Sane wouldn't have done anything against that team tonight. Well no more the players did . I think I'd have left Mahrez on perhaps taken off Jesus instead. KDB trying to force the game to much, missed an awful lot of passes. Zinchenko blunder obviously dropped us in it but we should have been able to convert at least one of those chances. Not our night. Fair play to Southampton, they had more energy than us

Sane wouldn't have done anything against that team tonight. Well no more the players did . I think I'd have left Mahrez on perhaps taken off Jesus instead. KDB trying to force the game to much, missed an awful lot of passes. Zinchenko blunder obviously dropped us in it but we should have been able to convert at least one of those chances. Not our night. Fair play to Southampton, they had more energy than us

I said it earlier in the season and I'll say it again, Sane has been a bigger loss than Laporte. The need for natural width couldn't be any clearer, we try and play through the middle of teams and sometimes you need to play around them.

Not arsed about the result at all, Southampton fully deserved the points just for the sheer effort, they might not have our quality but that was a proper team performance tonight. Well done Saints.
You’d have been wrong the first time so no need to say it again.

Just seems as if Pep is playing out the league games with minimum effort (Liverpool game excluded) to qualify for CL, and really concentrating on the cups.
He will certainly have time to decide the major weak spots in the team, after today’s game!!

No pen when Bernardo got sandwiched in the box? had it been his Portuguese compatriot Roland Ratface Fernandes its a pen all day long? And how a team with 74% possession commits more fouls than the opposition is unprecedented in world football, except for us.
be0d0c72b0c4594c517a1d40d5bb2dc1.gif

Mahrez and Sterling cutting inside did nothing, you keep doing the same things, you keep getting the same results. Sane offered a different option, exactly what the team needed tonight because plan A certainly wasn't working.

Most concerning to me is Jesus. After that it is that the subs were so ineffective. Some of that is that KDB had an off day but with Sane gone we went to more of a 4 CAMs kind of setup with theoretically the full backs providing width and we just ended up with Zinchenko and Cancelo playing crosses to nobody. If we are going to play like that we need an aerial presence to aim at. But with Sane gone and us linked to players like Oyarzabal and maybe playing Foden on the wing we seem to be aiming for more of that style but it just congested the box and led to very little real attacking play

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.