Southampton (A) Post-Match Thread

Bad day at the office. It happens, we live with it and come back fighting next game.

FA Cup and CL to play for yet.

Don’t like losing but hey ho, we beat the dippers. That’ll do me for this week.

Remember, no player goes out to deliberately have a poor game. From all I’ve heard Southampton are not usually that good so maybe we were a bit complacent but we did have our chances!

Onwards and upwards. The Boys in Blue never give in, they fight to the end. :-)

Saints player so well. On another day one or two of our chances in the first half world have gone in and the match would have played.

Felt that the KDB Foden change disrupted the game a bit. It made sense, but we had a great spell just before.

Absolute shambles away from home recently team defo needs freshening up Bernardo has had a really poor season by his standards we may need to sign as many as 3 full backs again a leader is a must also a proper goalscorer to take us forward for another 5-10 years. Also shown today how much we lose control wen rodri gundogan and kdb dont play in the middle.

Really good post. I was always sceptical of Rhodri and Gundo in the midfield. Really suffered tonight. Gundo is so underrated.

Wouldn’t be worried if this wasn’t the 13th time this has happened to us in the PL. We are 23 points off the top. The team needs fresh blood.

We need the two players i mentioned , 198 points in two seasons , that pace was never going to continue , no team in England has managed that win rate for three seasons on the bounce, and the Dippers won't do it either.

Just a bad day at the office. 74% possesssion, 26 shots, 13 corners but the ball just refused to go in.

Southampton keeper and Stephens were brilliant.

The saddest thing for me, after waiting so long for Fernandinho to start in the middle, was watching him struggle. He is looking his age and clearly Pep has seen it which is why he has been playing him at centre back.

A lot of us have, but if you're content with 9 fair play.

This Season is over and has been for some time
We rebuild pending FFP Decision
And go in the Cups
4 trophies out of the last 6,
Its been great Entertainment
But things go wrong
People have to take the rough with the smooth

Just a bad day at the office. 74% possesssion, 26 shots, 13 corners but the ball just refused to go in.

Southampton keeper and Stephens were brilliant.

The saddest thing for me, after waiting so long for Fernandinho to start in the middle, was watching him struggle. He is looking his age and clearly Pep has seen it which is why he has been playing him at centre back.

Yep, we've become Chances Created FC.

Yes we should have won with the amount of possession we had and chances created, but I really enjoyed watching it

Our issue is that that's two games in quick succession we've lost away from home and it's an ominous sign when we have the neutral Cup semi and a potential neutral venue for the return leg vs Real Madrid

Edin Dzeko would have had a hat trick. I rest my case. No good fancy football if we get beat 9 times. No excuse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.