Southampton (A) Post-Match Thread

Don't think the Bernardo one was a penalty but Romeu pulled off a cracking save onto the post from Fernandinho's shot

Why do the BBC always manage to drag a scouser out of his pit to commentate on our games , pig eye Murphy couldnt hide his disappointment when Saints rare forward forays broke down , fuck off BBC.

Thought Pep got the subs wrong today & made it easier for Southampton.

He took off the wide players who were stretching the pitch & put on Foden & KDB (who uncharacteristically had a poor game) trying to play through an already packed interior line. In the end Southampton didn’t even bother defending at width as they knew unless there was an overlap no one was going to make those runs.

The presence of Sterling & Mahrez would have at least held some Southampton players away centrally.

So we are 2nd, Carabao Cup in the bank, at Wembley again for a FA Cup semi and still have the CL to go for?

Yep, thought so. Not a bad position to be in at all really.
Maybe so but we could end the season with only a Carabao cup win and with this squad, thats nothing to write home about.
9 defeats in a poor league, so far, we should be better than that with the players we have.
Everything depends on the two cups, win one and we've had a good season. Lose in both and we've had a dire one

Imagine playing a variant of darts whereby the object is to throw the most bullseyes from 25 darts. City hit twenty-three 25s and bounce off the wire between 25 and the bullseye twice. Our opponent drops the dart at his feet 23 times, hits a random double and then pops it into the bullseye. That's been us too many times this season, but fuck knows what the answer is.

There was solid contact and enough to trip him, they essentially blocked his run and one of them kneed him in the thigh.
Like I said, Rag's and Dipper's would been given it.

It should have been a pen, and there was contact but it wasn't stonewall enough that there was no way the officials could turn it down. They probably deemed Bernie went down to easily.

That's been the theme with our penalties. The officials always look for a reason not to give it rather than was it a foul or not.

Kind of expected after midweek. All signs of a team emotionally shot after exertions of last 2 amazing seasons. We simply can’t keep the intensity game in game out. I forgive them though and next season will be different.

Kind of expected after midweek. All signs of a team emotionally shot after exertions of last 2 amazing seasons. We simply can’t keep the intensity game in game out. I forgive them though and next season will be different.
I wholeheartedly disagree. We did not lack intensity today; we put Southampton under constant pressure, we simply couldn't put the ball in the net.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.