Southampton (A) - Post Match Thread

Southampton giving 125% against us again, play the rags and they couldn't give a shit. VAR did us this evening, still a point though and the players can rest for a week. Grealish needs to start showing us some game changing moments.
Doesn’t matter what percentage Southampton put in, we just have to match it at all times. Foden didn’t and that’s why we haven’t won, ultimately.

Terrible slow start though from us 1st half
Foden needs to concentrate on his skills rather than poncing about with his chavvy feckin haircuts...another insipid performance and doesn't deserve a starting place on recent form...what's up with him at the moment?
Sterling dreadful...anybody thinking old "tap them in from 2 yards Raz" was back needs to think again
Good, gritty performance from us in the 2nd half...they are a decent side.
Another great headed goal from Laporte...
Very good from Grealish I thought, took control of things quite a bit and used the ball well
Could have been 2 down early 2nd half so a point is not that bad a result
League is far from over...let's hope CP do us a favour tomorrow

Grealish was one of the better players in the first half

Heard this after the Chelsea game, he can be one of the better players all he liked but he still did jack shit. Give me a player like Sterling who makes mistakes but actually gets goals and assists over a technically proficient but unproductive winger any day.

Rubbish first half. No urgency. Sloppy in possession. Very poor first half performance. Too little too late in the end.

The very reason I hate seeing comments like “the league is ours” is because a couple more performances like that is all it takes for us to lose the advantage we’ve built over the past 12 games.

We’re lucky to have Pep who will ensure we bounce back from setbacks like this, which he’s always done in the past. Hopefully this is the reality check we needed as results have been going in our favour for some time now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.