Southampton (A) - Post Match Thread

Anyone…and I mean ANYONE…with any football knowledge, experience or acumen KNOWS it was a red card.

The fact that it needed VAR is quite sad, because where he caught him was obvious.

The fact that it went to VAR and was NOT considered a red card is absolutely scandalous.

I hope City write to the Premier League and PGMOL for an explanation of how a thigh high, studs up, straight leg “challenge” (that results in a leg gash on the mid thigh) is NOT a red card offence, and if so why Stones red card was not rescinded, when it was a much less serious offence.

It is a disgrace that PGMOL is not held to account.

Btw, that ref has NEVER issued a red card in the Premier League and, during the game, while looking up the VAR Official, it said he was a United supporter with a United tattoo on his shoulder. That tidbit is no longer listed, so I’m not sure if it was a bogus “fact” or was simply removed to avoid the question of bias?!

Regardless, on the merits of the “tackle” and the decisions by the ref & VAR, the outcome is outrageous!

Two refereeing/VAR decisions helped decide that game:

1) Foul on KDB that wasn’t given

2) Red card that wasn’t given

The KDB foul wasn’t given in real time because the ref WAS AFRAID to give the penalty. He was then BAILED OUT by VAR, by saying it WAS A FOUL, but NOT A PENALTY…even though TV replays SHOWED and pundits ALL AGREED it was a penalty!

The red card challenge?
Well, what can anyone say? It’s the most obvious red card challenge I’ve seen in a long long time! I said it when it happened, and it was confirmed by replay, yet the VAR official said it wasn’t and didn’t even tell the ref to take a look for himself.

Absolutely disgraceful officiating, but until clubs make a SERIOUS ISSUE of it, the officials will continue to get away with murder.

I can’t believe the number of weak, deer in the headlights looking referees we currently have in the Prem. SO WEAK, IT’S NOT FUNNY!!!
Well said CB , I can understand however don't agree that the foul on KDB was left unpunished but the no red card incident tells you that officialdom in this league is at a very with the emphasis on the word very poor level.

incompetent without doubt , biased and corrupt well I will let neutrals decide on that but we all know that the powers that be don't want a runaway winner especially if its one who have been the most successful over the past decade.

Today we had to beat 11 players a couple of which should have been sent off and officialdom and sometimes that is too much for us.

Not at our usual tempo despite dominating possession and found it difficult to open them up in the final third but some terrible examples of officials making blatant inept decisions didn't help our cause.

Lets see how much rub of the ref green Liverpool get at Selhurst Park.

Always a difficult ground and game, we came away with a draw, could be worse.

But don't let anyone on here kid themselves the title race is over, again despite ridiculous and pathetic calls, Liverpool under Klopp are a top side and will push us to the end.

Please can I smash a shaving foam cake thingymabob in that stupid wally Danny Murphy’s face? Please, please, please. It’s not violence as such but it would sure make me feel less annoyed at the silly whatchamacallhim!! Aaaarrrrgggghhhh.

Snidey little piece of slime says ‘I think the officials got it right’ and then after Lineker said but he showed a photo of a gash ‘the title race is back on’. I really really want to scream at the unfairness of it all!!!!! Sorry folks.

Think it must be time for bed! :-)

EDIT: Why did an advert for a Funeral Directors come up as I posted that???
@Ric and @Moderators are you trying to tell me something? :-) :-) :-)
"the title race was never over on the 22/1/22" Keeper

You referring to Sterling or Grealish?
Yep. Grealish was worse for me. Sterling may have ballsed up a couple of chances but at least he was in the right position to do so. Foden played well but needed to be in the box rather than on the periphery. Bernardo also was anonymous today. The game was crying out for gundo imo, more of a strong foundation as we seemed a little flaky today.

You know what? We just drew so we haven’t been beaten.
Just a thought for the people who are getting extremely uptight. I’m not 100% happy with a draw but it’s better than a defeat so I won’t be losing sleep over it.
Blue Boys will rise again, because they never give in! :-) ;-)
I'm more pissed off with the rag result.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.