Southampton (A) - Post Match Thread

great response in the 2nd half and we were unlucky not to win in the end. Great effort from Soton and fair do's to them if they felt good about the draw, we must be a bloody good side then!!

Foden has lost some sparkle this side of Christmas, but i am sure he'll be back on it soon enough.

First half not so good, second half a lot better. Thought we would go on to win it after the equaliser. Disappointed the winning run came to an end but hey ho. Maybe this will focus a couple of players minds who weren't at it yesterday for the next crucial phase of the season.

That miss by Sterling is inexcusable, had the whole of the net to aim for and bags of time at that then managed to pass it straight to the keeper. Should be fined for that and for his crapness throughout yesterday.
Jesus Christ!!! So every time a player misses a chance he should score he should be fined? Have you ever thought of taking up sports psychology? Or is it like hundreds more on here it’s just because it’s Sterling?

Excuse? We've just won 12 on the bounce, we're allowed a bad half every now and then.
Had a few bad half’s recently and got away with it at Brentford and Arsenal. We need to start raising the level of performances, especially in the 1st half

See Sterling is the bad guy again by some. Blaming Sterling for the goal because of an under hit pass in the Southampton penalty area. As a team no one had time to stop the goal ? If anyone was to blame it was Foden as Souness pointed out. But in the end it was the team. Goals happen. Aguero missed a fair few sitters ! It happens, Sterling isnt an out and out striker I thought just hit and it's a goal , perhaps should have put more power in the shot. It happens so quick you just do it on instinct

If KDB hadnt hit the post but gone in, if Jesus hadnt hit the post but gone in, that's football we cant win all the time.

VAR fuck us up in the time it took to come to a decision, it took the momentum out of us. Also the VAR went against us. Clear red on laporte.

A draw I think was fair as didnt Southampton hit our post in the first half and could have been at least 2 up ?

My worry that as a team we are so use to playing every 3 or 4 days that after a week of we looked rusty, slow, passing was of. Wouldnt be at all surprised to see Pep go really strong against Fulham to get the players up to speed.

Had a few bad half’s recently and got away with it at Brentford and Arsenal. We need to start raising the level of performances, especially in the 1st half
Yes in many respects it was a result that has been coming and I for one am happy enough we rescued a point and came back strongly towards the end. Thought Jesus done well when he came on to replace a poor Sterling who was well short of the improved level shown recently.

On balance should be filed as one point gained rather than two lost. Four months of the season left and hopefully we will be celebrating at the end of May.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.